Where do you place your flanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I like it hitting the front of the amp I find it to be more intense and dramatic.
    It's weird how people hear things differently. To me, when a phaser or flanger is put in front of an amp it sounds less intense and more a part of the overall guitar sound . . . and the more gain used the less and less effect the modulation has. In the loop it sounds more intense and has greater control over the final signal from the guitar . . . and the more gain you add the more intense it seems to get.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I am another one that likes the phaser in front of the amp. I like it in front of any gain pedal, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What did people ever do before FX loops...?

There are really no hard set rules. So much of it is dependent on personal taste, what amp, pedals, tone, etc you have. Change a couple pedals and you may be routing things differently.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          What did people ever do before FX loops...?

There are really no hard set rules. So much of it is dependent on personal taste, what amp, pedals, tone, etc you have. Change a couple pedals and you may be routing things differently.
          We dreamed of less muddy and confusing tones!
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Oh FLANGER.

I read FINGER and was going to say in my nose.

Comment

Working...
            X