How old is my Fuzz Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is my Fuzz Face

I bought a Fuzz Face off the local pawnshop for $75, and now I'm trying to figure out what year it is. I don't know the identifiers (I'm usually prefer a nice Muff over a Face) , and can't find them anywhere online, but could y'all help me out on this? Trannys are the fabled NKT275 germanium btw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_120522.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	6067015 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_120408.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	6067016 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_120442.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	6067017
    Attached Files
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

It's a Dunlop reissue, sorry to dash your vintage $ dreams, so not that old. You can call Jim Dunlop and give them the s/n and I'm sure they can tell you - https://www.jimdunlop.com/contact-us/

Comment

I think these are mid 1990’s, made by dunlop and has a connector but still has the Arbiter smile. The NKT-275s are like little too hats, right? If so those are the “fake” ones. They can still sound pretty good depending on the specific pedal. How does yours sound? Mine is fat and smooth.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You should also be able to check the date codes on those pots and get a decent estimate on when it was manufactured.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

yeah, 90's unit. not a bad unit at all but those are fake nkts like darkside said. use a heavy duty 9v, turn the fuzz all the way up and use your guitar volume to adjust how dirty the tone is

Comment

Working...
          X