No announcement yet.

Your favorite distortion pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta share my love for the Marshall Guv'nor/DriveMaster. Love sending that into an amp that's already crunching a little bit and adding a MXR 10 band EQ.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1618071375451.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	6072469

Either of these. Left is a lm308 rat.
      I like it used with low gain and high level to push a slightly crunchy amp but that's cuz I use it on tandem with bd-2 sometimes for lead boost. The filter has a wide range and plenty of gain available if you have a clean amp. Sounds 80s to me and has great mids, higher mids and just more agro than tube screamer, but with a healthy bass cut to keep things from being a mess

Bd-2 already mentioned above, I concur. Tons of volume boost, can be used for a almost fuzzy sound with gain up Cleans up great, tone knob pretty useful
      Little bass cut but not as much as ts

JCM mod ds-1 is pretty good at giving clean amps a marshall flavor. Won't fool any purists but surprisingly good at putting in "bite" and "british flavor", without too much gain. Insane value. Loves tube screamer in front.

THIS is a sweet combo...
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Was playing this last weekend. If you kick in both sides, it gets kind of mean.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
        See....I get the Comp with the Strat. But that other abomination combination, just no.

By the way - can you hit return so the comments are UNDER the picture? I realize asking almost guarantees never, but I have to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

See....I get the Comp with the Strat. But that other abomination combination, just no.

By the way - can you hit return so the comments are UNDER the picture? I realize asking almost guarantees never, but I have to try.
          "Other abomination combination" ? What in the hell are you talking about? The Twin boost? It's two overdrives in one box. One based on the 808 and the other on the TS-9. With true bypass. Into a low powered tube amp on the edge of break up. What's not to like?
          And it seriously bothers you that the comments are above the photo?
          You may want to put some of your psche training to work on yourself.

Comment

Comp + Metalzone

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Comp + Metalzone
              Oh, well you didn't specify that. And I'm fine with you or anyone else considering that an abomination. In fact, I consider it complement. Oh and don't forget, that setup has a clean boost at the end to make it even more abominable.
              Different tools for different jobs.

Comment

I love the Ethos TWE-1 from Custom Tones. Essentially a Trainwreck Express, but using FETs in place of the tubes.
                Great sounding with incredibly amplike feel, right down to power amp type sag at higher drive settings.
                Has four small three-position switches that completely transform its tones.

Plenty of gain, and the best cleanup I've ever encountered - better even than my Lovepedals.
                The slogan is,"Clean to scream with a twist of your volume knob" and it's not just hype.

I could be perfectly happy using this box all by itself for recording direct.

But into an amp it's downright epic.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                X