banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friedman smallbox Overdrive for 80s Hair metal tones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman smallbox Overdrive for 80s Hair metal tones ?

Hello guys someone try the new friedman smallbox box pedal for modded marshall 80s tone ? Is a good choice for this ?
    thanks a lot

i havent heard one but id think on the high gain setting, it should get those tones

Comment

It's a nice pedal. A lot would depend on what amp you are using and if you are looking to goose your dirty channel or turn a clean channel into a hair metal sound. Overall, I would lean towards the BE Deluxe if you are trying to use a clean channel as the foundation. If you have some dirt from your amp then the Small Box pedal could work beautifully. It kind of depends on what you have, how you are using it and what you are trying to accomplish. All the Friedman pedals are nice. If you need a little nudge don't forget the Buxom Boost and in the right situation I could see the Dirty Shirley pedal being capable of doing what you want as well. Still, if I had to go one pedal I would go BE Deluxe from the Friedman line for what you mentioned in your original post.

The Revv pedals are also worth looking into. All 3 are very nice and amp like in both sound and feel. Again, depending on your amp, they could be a fantastic choice. The G2 (Green) pedal could be a nice boost for a slightly dirty amp to dirty. The G3 (Purple and the G4 (Red) dialed back on the gain produce some amazing tones and could easily deliver the sound you are seeking. I hope I helped and didn't confuse.

Good luck in your search!
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I have a fender deluxe much clean and i need make a clean Channel in to the high gain modded marshall with tight low end and deep strong midrange

Comment

Originally posted by maestroberetta View Post
          I have a fender deluxe much clean and i need make a clean Channel in to the high gain modded marshall with tight low end and deep strong midrange
          You have a great pedal platform the amp is a chameleon. It will take on the personality of whatever you put in front of it. It is easier to go from Fender to Marshall's tone than the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You have a great pedal platform the amp is a chameleon. It will take on the personality of whatever you put in front of it. It is easier to go from Fender to Marshall's tone than the other direction.
            My Wampler Plexi Mini will totally do this...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Friedman smallbox pedal do it ?

Comment

Friedman smallbox pedal do it ?
                I would get the BE over the small box in your case.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I would get the BE over the small box in your case.
                  the only problem its the dont have one mid knob for cut the mix the be od have much mud for me

Comment

the only problem its the dont have one mid knob for cut the mix the be od have much mud for me
                    The BE-OD Deluxe has a mid knob. The BE-OD has plenty of mids as all the controls are very interactive so mids are not a problem with that pedal at all. Both pedals can easily sound identical with the knobs they have. Don't let the internet talk on a missing mids knob scare you. The pedal has plenty of mids. The Smallpox will not have the gain and saturation you are looking for from a clean amp in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X