Sansamp Flu Rig V5 is the sh*t -It simplifies/solves so much perfectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadd View Post

I don't think anything can beat the T-Rex Acoustic Soulmate. It's a little more expensive, but well worth it.
    That one looks great, too, but it is about 2x the size.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

That one looks great, too, but it is about 2x the size.
      A couple friends of mine in Key West are using them daily and they're holding up. Unless you're actually using it for fly dates, it's well worth the extra size.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

A couple friends of mine in Key West are using them daily and they're holding up. Unless you're actually using it for fly dates, it's well worth the extra size.
        The size is why I like the Fly Rig. I am sure the T-Rex sounds great, but it won't fit in the case with the guitar. That is an actual requirement for me.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The size is why I like the Fly Rig. I am sure the T-Rex sounds great, but it won't fit in the case with the guitar. That is an actual requirement for me.
          I used the Fly rig this weekend at an outdoor festival. Single coils and no channel switching in song needed -just between -so it worked great, no problem with channel switching like first feared with the small size.

It's so small -it travelled inside my guitar case and I didn't even bring my real board to avoid the extra stuff to move. Sad thing is, my pedal board is about $3000 in only 6 pedals and the Fly rig is 300 total in one and can do the live stuff almost as well. -Of course in studio and versatility my regular board would show it's use.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The size is why I like the Flu Rig. I am sure the T-Rex sounds great, but it won't fit in the case with the guitar. That is an actual requirement for me.
            Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I used the Flu rig this weekend at an outdoor festival. Single coils and no channel switching in song needed -just between -so it worked great, no problem with channel switching like first feared with the small size.

It's so small -it travelled inside my guitar case and I didn't even bring my real board to avoid the extra stuff to move. Sad thing is, my pedal board is about $3000 in only 6 pedals and the Flu rig is 300 total in one and can do the live stuff almost as well. -Of course in studio and versatility my regular board would show it's use.
              Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Fixed.
                haha. killin' me.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

At rehearsal yesterday I did some playing around with the settings. The Sansamp is set clean, drive is at around 9 o'clock, and I use the 5150 Overdrive for my main drive. But I wanted a little more character so I set the Plexi with the drive all the way down, tone around 1 o'clock and the level near all the way up. Controls are sensitive as mentioned. That did the trick. Still clean, but with a little more shaping to it and the 5150 Overdrive sounds even better. Nice, big and full. Very very amp like.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    At rehearsal yesterday I did some playing around with the settings. The Sansamp is set clean, drive is at around 9 o'clock, and I use the 5150 Overdrive for my main drive. But I wanted a little more character so I set the Plexi with the drive all the way down, tone around 1 o'clock and the level near all the way up. Controls are sensitive as mentioned. That did the trick. Still clean, but with a little more shaping to it and the 5150 Overdrive sounds even better. Nice, big and full. Very very amp like.
                    Ive found just a tad of plexi is really nice too

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

haha. Flu.
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Fluxed.
                        Fixed

Comment

Working...
                        X