Velcro cable ties to secure pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velcro cable ties to secure pedals

Does anyone have experience with these? To hold pedals in place for a board that will only see light movement?

I've made looms out of split plastic tubing for this. I suppose Velcro ties could work, too, as well as zip ties.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’ve heard that zip ties can scrape up pedals. Not that I will probably sell any. I figured I’d get some Velcro ties to tidy up cables, so I thought I might try them on the pedals.

Comment

Is there any advantage to that over regular Velcro? The plain old stuff seems pretty much ideal.
        If you don't want it stuck to the back of your pedals there's always the plastic film trick.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I use dual lock, which has glue (non-lock side) that is stronger than plain velcro. I've also never had any paint-scraping issues with zip ties, though.

Comment

JB Weld is also another option...
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I have used industrial-grade velcro for my pedals. Once the temperature gets above 90 degrees it starts to fail. I am looking for new options myself.

Comment

Yeah. the Dual Lock works better than the industrial stuff. Even the industrial stuff can't stand the summers here. I don't have a problem with the Dual Lock in hot weather.

Comment

I hadn’t heard of Dual Lock, but the design looks familiar, maybe I’ve seen it and not registered it, I will check it out, thank you.

Comment

Velcro Ties are fine for home or a board that doesn't move -however it's not close to the best solution..... I'd go light velcro product on the bottom as a better overall solution.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                      I hadn’t heard of Dual Lock, but the design looks familiar, maybe I’ve seen it and not registered it, I will check it out, thank you.
                      It looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dual.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	6072757

Comment

Dual Lock has a seriously strong grip - you really have to work to detach a pedal. As in, using a tool and leverage, not just bare hands.

I once heard somebody say he theft-proofed his expensive drive pedals with the stuff.
                        Even when the pedalboard was within reach of the public, a would-be thief couldn't just stealthily grab one.

It's also at least half compatible with regular Velcro: a pedal with Dual Lock sticks very well to loop side Velcro.
                        Don't think hook side Velcro would work well with Dual Lock. Never ever actually tried it though.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

This is true- you generally need some kind of pry tool. The glue that actually sticks to the pedal is strong, too, but it comes off without ripping the paint off when you want it to.

Comment

Working...
                          X