it arrived today :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it arrived today :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	6073973 This is a very nice pedal. It doesn't have as much sustain as a standard Little Big Muff, but it certainly has more gain on tap than a Green Russian style pedal. And, like a Green Russian, it will cut through a band mix better than a Little Big Muff. The tone bypass voicing is very well designed. It has less bass, less treble and more mids than the regular voicing (better for soloing), without any excessive volume increase. You may or may not want to "front end" an op amp muff with a booster or an OD. It has much more gain available than a Russian style muff, so dirt pedal stacking with an op amp muff, while fun, is not necessary.
    Last edited by Rabelais; 04-14-2021, 01:54 PM.

Thanks for the review! I was curious about these, too!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      You're welcome. I would say it's the gnarliest version of the Big Muff Pi. You need to be careful with the tone knob, because it has tons of presence. I never dial it past noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        It depends on what you're looking for. If you want a vintage sounding fuzz, or if you're trying to get some Gilmouresque tones, look elsewhere. This pedal is great for the heavier sounds of the early-to-mid 1990s.

Comment

Working...
        X