No announcement yet.

Compressor pedal for guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DryBell Unit 67 is a wonderful pedal. It does a couple of really nice things that I think you would enjoy.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

I think you'll be happy with a lot of pedals then, including the ones you said before.

A simple one I used for quite some time and liked in that line is the Xotic SP compressor. The Keeley four knob is a classic and the Wampler ego I've never used personally but gets good reviews. Since we are here, I'll also recommend the SD Vise Grip
      I own both a Xotic SP and a Wampler Ergo like both a lot. I used a Boss CS 3 fpr years still have several and they have their place. My favorite for transparent sustain in particular with a clean tone is the Ergo with the SP a close second. I also like the CS 3 for a more dramatic effect and say infinite sustain running gain. They are apples to oranges love the Ergo with the blend for a transparent compressor that is on a lot or always and the more aggressive CS-3 or something similar for a compressor used for a more dramatic effect.
      Last edited by Ascension; 05-04-2021, 11:17 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

My favorite compressor is a BYOC 5 Knob, which is a kit. If you ever feel like getting into pedal building, this is a great one to start with.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really like the SP compressor running off 18 volts. It seems to give more reduced compression options.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
          X