banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK - I'm jonesing. Let's try the LPB approach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping the theme:

Then you'll need

But seriously, I found this looking for something else, and it looked/sounds pretty impressive
    This all tube overdrive pedal can create a wide palette of tones from rich, full-bodied blues, to authentic classic rock distortion.

Comment

This thread is extremely therapeutic. Sitting around wondering what I'm jonesing for sucks.

Shooting down suggestions until I realize I don't need anything helps a lot!

Although - A few cool suggestions!

And I was thinking about Wah.
      - Another Demon? That thing was great
      - Maybe a Stringer Blues bawls?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

What do people like so much about the Demon?
        It sounds great.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Electro Harmonix "Allied Overdrive" pedal,

I own one, and it is my absolute favourite. I use it for guitar, bass, recording vocals, coloring samples-

As a pre-amp EQ, boost, slight-to-molten gain; with blend control... 3x transistor gain stages + footswitchable mos-fet gain stage.

It will do very very many things, at a very nice way, for a low price!

Recommended!
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

BTW: The Effectrode series ... has made me want one since I first saw them. THe "Blackbird" would be a DREAM to own! :/

...to bad, it kicks me even further away, from saving to get a "real" amp instead- of making Frankensteins Monster with all pedals....
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Remind me to save for an Effectrode Blackbird; before they ever go out of production. I feel it will be well spent cash .

Comment

What do people like so much about the Demon?
                1. It sounds great, because..
                2. Variable peak, variable width, volume
                3. Activation by motion - no need for on/off
                4. Cool look

The Demon is a pretty awesome Wah in the 535Q style with even more bells/whistles.

Comment

OK - I'd like to thank you all for the thoughts, suggestions, etc.

At the end of the day...I went with two, count's two, oldies but goodies. On the way are the following:

1. A Bad Monkey Overdrive! I know of the Monkey love, and have played one a couple of times a decade or more ago. Always thought it was cool. It will joint the company of my SD-1, Monster Mods SD-1, TS9, and BBE Green Screamer.

2. A BBE Tremor! Keeping with my Tremolo fetish, and as a companion to my Green Screamer, I got the original graphic version. Two rates, one depth, optical tremolo goodness. It will join a veritable harem of Tremolo pedals.

I came close to the JHS Bonsai, and may still go their. I have a few mega-tremolos in my sights. Stay tuned as situations develop.

LPB - this was retail therapy.

Comment

That really was LPB-ish, adding a 6th or 7th OD and Tremolo?

If you are interested in a simple rock wah with auto engage, I really like the Morley Mark Tremonti.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

If you are interested in a simple rock wah with auto engage, I really like the Morley Mark Tremonti.
                      I use a Morley Liberty Wah - same thing with Flag Graphic

Comment

did you get a case or small bag to store all the loot

they will need somewhere to live next year when you GAS again
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I have observed the master work....what can I say?

Comment

That is boring. Why not an LCD screen or a tap tempo button or something?
                            Well, it's got a Q control, along with volume and low cut. Also a trim pot for the top end. Lastly, you can choose from footswitch operation for the on/off or switch the main wah footpedal to spring loaded operation.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X