• Show
Clear All

• NPD: DOD Boneshaker

Click image for larger version

Name:	A1B381A7-B4AE-4C5E-B298-F67283A262D8.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	6081806
    As a stand-alone dirt pedal I really don’t care for the sound but I ran it into the gain channel of my amp and used it as a boost and EQ tonal shaping tool and man did it come alive. Anyone else using these? Since it was so cheap was worth trying

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    I love that pedal. For me it is Slayer in a box.
    Then it should be named the Bone Breaker!

Comment

DOD makes life great.

Comment

Great EQ. Like the OP, I've used it more often as a boost/shaper than as a distortion.

Does okay as a high gain drive for solos but it isn't touch-responsive and doesn't clean up well.
        I've become spoiled by distortion pedals with more amplike behavior, like the TWE-1 and the Hi Volt.

Still, IMO Boneshaker is well worth the price of admission for its EQ alone.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

It's not a distortion pedal with a good EQ. It's an amazing EQ with a good distortion circuit. Mark's homemade pedals are amazing distortions and fuzzes and the Boneshaker is his signature spice blend to enhance his real pedals.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Bought one of these a while back for recording distorted bass parts. The super flexible EQ makes it really useful in the studio.

A few years from now, I predict the price tag on these will climb.

Great pedal!

Comment

Working...
            X