banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WooHoo! Latest update fixed my long standing problem with Silver Lake and Dark Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHoo! Latest update fixed my long standing problem with Silver Lake and Dark Sun

I bought a Silver Lake and a Dark Sun Pedal two years ago. I love both of those pedals but it was driving me nuts that the settings would randomly change without my touching the settings. By that I mean there is little "dot" that lights up when you change a setting to tell you that you've altered something from the saved preset --- and that dot was randomly coming on all by itself and depending on which setting changed it could be really noticeable difference (tempo change, change in reverb time or mix etc.).

The other problem that bothered me was that on the Silver Lake, most of the settings didn't display any numbers when you changed them. For example the Mix setting or Damping setting. It was really only the Decay and Pre-Delay settings that gave you a readout. The Dark Sun gave the readout on all the settings so it was just a minor annoyance that the Silver Lake didn't do that.

I wrote lots of emails to tech support and then finally gave up on getting it resolved and I simply couldn't use the pedals live because they might change an important setting in mid solo. I was just thinking about how much I used to love those pedals and pulled them out today and checked for an update and was really delighted when I saw there was new firmware available for both pedals and it fixes all those problems. Silver Lake now displays all parameters and the pedals don't randomly change settings.

Thanks, Seymour Duncan, for fixing those issues! Very excited to get using these pedals

nice! glad the new update sorted things out for you

Comment

Working...
    X