banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Stompbox That You Sold (But Shouldn't Have)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Stompbox That You Sold (But Shouldn't Have)

Name one stompbox that you sold off, but shouldn't have (or wished you hadn't).

Digitech Bad Monkey

Great pedal - great tone - great price.

The only ones that come to mind are the first Ehx Small Clone I ever owned, and my second Wampler Tumnus. In the case of the Small Clone I don't know if it was lack of knowledge at the time (20+ years ago) or rose-colored glasses in the rear view, but I haven't seen another since that sounded nearly as good as I remember. In the case of the Tumnus, I just shouldn't have sold it. I've since replaced it and all is well on that front.

Edit: I just remembered a Demeter Tremulator that (in my memory at least) sounded better than any Tremulator I've played since. These days I use a Strymon Flint instead and no longer miss it.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I had and sold a Boss PS-2 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay and a Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay. They weren't the best at doing pitch shifting, but were both excellent delays and had a lot of cool glitchy stuff gong on that I still miss from time to time.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Had an original Marshall Supa-Fuzz.... Bought in the late 70's, sold it in the late 80's. I had the Metallica sounds before anyone else did.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Guyatone MD-3 Micro Digital Delay. That tiny thing sounded fantastic. I sold mine around 2008 and have regretted it since.

Honorable mention for the EHX Mini Q-Tron. It was the size of the NYC Big Muff so it wasn't exactly "mini", it was of dubious build quality and it had a considerable volume jump when engaged. All of that aside, it was one of the wettest, greasiest and funkiest envelope filters on the planet.

Comment

Soldano GTO
            Bad Cat X-Treme Tone
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Boomerang Phrase Sampler. While it had its limitations, it was the only loop pedal that could have 4 un-synched loops going at once. It was a pretty small size for all it could do, too.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Too many to count, but the old 80s TS9 I bought for $35 and sold it for $25 or something. Also, the original Marshall Shredmaster (awesome into a Superlead), original Guv'nor, and a boatload of others.

And let's not talk about amps....

Comment

I sold and bought back to the person I sold it to a Maxon CP-101 and a modded Boss CS-3.

Others I would like to have back: Ibanez TS7 and JD9, Hardwire Supernatural, Korg SDD-3000, EQD Hoof. I don’t need them and have others for those roles but I sometimes miss them

Comment

I've never sold a pedal. They've either been stolen at a gig, played until they were destroyed, or I still have them.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      I had and sold a Boss PS-2 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay and a Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay. They weren't the best at doing pitch shifting, but were both excellent delays and had a lot of cool glitchy stuff gong on that I still miss from time to time.
                      I was really into Slowdive for a while and the PS2 was a must. It’s definitely a unique beast.

Comment

An old MXR Flanger with the built in power cord. And a black label BF-2. And a Whirlwind Orange Box, but I have a CS script 90 now.

Comment

As always, I'm not a big pedal user but of the nine I own I've never sold any. I've tried to sell two of them, but there were no buyers.
                          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Tech 21 Boost DLA. Arion delay. The Tech 21 gave a great chorus that I miss, the Arion was great for rockabilly slap-back, and I have never seen another of either for a price near what I sold them for.
                            But I do not regret the other several dozen I sold off so I guess the regret ratio is pretty low.

Comment

Modfactor
                              For most of what it did I really prefer the various brands of single-size individuals I now have instead of the modfactor.

The exception was it's chorus which is a really superb digital chorus. You can set it so "still" and huge at the same time, like you don't know it's on until you step off, then it's like "whoa where the hell did the other guy go?".

Comment

Working...
                              X