banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Stompbox That You Sold (But Shouldn't Have)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boss SY-300. I never found a way to integrate it into any rig I have been using, but the idea of guitar synthesis is so damn appealing that I fear that I'll get something like it again. I don't miss any of my traditional stomp boxes at all, and look forward to the day when I can get rid of the remaining ones.

EDIT: I actually kind of miss my old BD-2, which was my first pedal. It sounds awful, but whenever I hear a clip of it I hear my own tone half a lifetime ago. (I didn't sell it, though: I gave it to a friend on the condition that I got it back if he no longer wanted it, after which he went ahead and sold it.)
    Last edited by Sirion; 05-30-2021, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Foxx Captain Coconut II, without a doubt, far surpasses all other stupid pedal decisions I've made.

Comment

Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by akozols View Post
          Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine.
          Not a stompbox, but I've always been curious about that series. What did it sound like?

Comment

It was an AWESOME unit. Had the RedBox built in and sounded great going direct.

Comment

Ibanez PT9 Phaser

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                Digitech Bad Monkey

Great pedal - great tone - great price.
                Ditto. Having separate Bass & Treble controls set it apart from the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Ditto. Having separate Bass & Treble controls set it apart from the pack.
                  And using the 'mixer out' into an amp is a cool, alternative sound.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

And using the 'mixer out' into an amp is a cool, alternative sound.
                    I never tried that. I should have when I had it. Now, there are better pedals with even more tone shaping options.

But back on topic, I wish I hadn't sold my 2nd Arion Tubulator. Running one into another was a pretty sweet distortion sound. And there was a time when MF was blowing them out for $10. A pair of them set you back $20.

Comment

never sound have sold my first boss sd1, or dd2 and dd3 for that matter, but ive bought and sold a sd1 a few times. i finally just bought one and kept it but its probably the fourth ive owned.

Comment

Working...
                      X