Low Gain OD recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Gain OD recommendations

I’m on a low gain overdrive kick. I have a MojoHand FX Magpie that I’m really digging. I have a gift card to an online retailer, and only these four are available in my price range and in stock that fit the criteria I’m looking for. Guitars are mostly HSS strats into clean high headroom Fender type amps. Of those that have played them, what are your preferences?
    Thanks everybody.
    EQD Westwood Overdrive
    0%
    JHS Morning Glory V4
    55.56%
    Vick Audio Mount Pleasant
    11.11%
    Wampler Pantheon
    33.33%
    "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Vick Audio without question.

Comment

I use either a SD 805, or a BYOC Silver Pony for this.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

RYRA or J. Rockett Archer Ikon for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I use either a SD 805, or a BYOC Silver Pony for this.
          I use a Silver Pony 2 and it's fantastic. Since it isn't one of the options for the OP though, the Vick would be my choice of the pedals available to him.

The couple Vick Audio pedals I have, the Tree of Life OD and the Violet Ram's Head fuzz, are amazingly well built and sound incredible.

The others on the list are good choices too but Vick has a knack for making common circuits extraordinary.

Comment

Out of what was listed I would go with the Morning Glory all day. Aside from that list, the Revv G2 (Green) pedal is wonderful.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Zendrive is always my answer to lo-gain drive, but Morning Glory is good.

And...it's the only one I've actually used out of those 4, so there's that.

Comment

GFS Twin Boost. Your choice of 808 or TS-9. Or both.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would suggest a Mosky Golden Horse or similar Klon clone

Comment

1 vote for Pantheon- tried one, like it. Don't own it.

Here is another low gain / pusher pedal to consider if it is available: the MXR Timmy.
                    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I'm gonna ask....what are your criteria?
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Vick makes great stuff, and so does JHS. I went with the Wampler though on account of the bass knob. After listening to a lot of clips, I noticed the circuit they are based on (Marshall Bluesbreaker pedals) could occasionally be light on bass so I figured being they are all reputable companies to go with the one with a bass control.
                        "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Comment

Electro Harmonic "Allied Overdrive" !!

I have one, it does seamlessly everything from clean boost, to slight sparkle- to crunch;
                          -and with the mosFet boost knob in, a smooth lead tone

check it out!! Very very cool interactive 3band EQ aswell. And blend knob.
                          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

at how many people don't read the whole first post.

Comment

i shake my head everytime i come in here

Comment

Working...
                              X