How Important Is Pedal Color To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Important Is Pedal Color To You?

I have learned that more people than I expected care about this. I will admit, I see some pedals in a different color and have liked some of them more than the original but not often. Are graphics, colors, limited editions, etc. important to you?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

I never care about color or graphics just functionality. My favorite pedal is my baby crap yellow MXR D+.

Comment

Some people just never grow up, I guess?

Factories color coding their pedals since they used a unified design template (like Boss) or because their stuff was visually similar to other things from competitors that customers were likely to use made functional sense. Just for visibility.

But special editions? Screw that. Not a cent more.
      Last edited by Adieu; 06-10-2021, 09:00 AM.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I care in the sense that I think some pedals look fantastic and some look horrible and that if there is a special edition that looks really cool I’m interested if I was going to buy the pedal anyway…. But in the end it’s the sound.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i dont really care. if its super ugly or obnoxiously neon, then maybe, but in general no.

Comment

Functionality is ALWAYS priority number one.

Given that, IF I have choices, then aesthetics might be considered.

I have bought pedals (few - but I have) because they were simply "cool" in some way, that had no more or less functionality than any other pedal I own. But that was done consciously.

Our Drummer always asks if I have the "red" pedal. LOL
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

1000% important.

I won't use a stomp unless it's a color I dig.

Because color = tone.

****ty color, ****ty tone.
              Last edited by LLL; 06-10-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Most important for me is that I can tell what the settings on the knobs are in a darkly lit stage. So any color is fine, as long as the knobs contrast with that.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  Most important for me is that I can tell what the settings on the knobs are in a darkly lit stage. So any color is fine, as long as the knobs contrast with that.
                  I have absolutely bought pedals because easy to see and adjust live. Garagetone Dleay for example.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                    That is very important!
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                      1000% important.

I won't use a stomp unless it's a color I dig.

Because color = tone.

****ty color, ****ty tone.
                      Ha! Well...pedals do color your tone so that sounds legit.

Comment

I love the Neunaber pedals...sound absolutely fantastic. I bought a few different ones, color is fine etc. They then release the same pedals in white and they looked 100 times better (to me) and I was like no way...lol. I would have bought white if I had a choice at the time....then I am thinking, do I buy these pedals again? I didn't but dang those white ones are cool...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Ha! Well...pedals do color your tone so that sounds legit.
                          It's scientifically proven.

Last edited by LLL; 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I like bright coloured pedals because they're easier to see in the dark . . . but short of that . . . meh.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I see the trend going with some pedal companies and their artwork like it was back in the day with album cover artwork. Some of the artwork on these pedals is over the top insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X