No announcement yet.

How Important Is Pedal Color To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can appreciate the artwork on some pedals but im not buying something for the artwork. if i can get the same pedal with a few graphic options, i might care but those arent all that common

Comment

As long as I can tell what it is in the dark, and see if the pedal is on in bright sunlight, then I don't care.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

With Lovepedals, differently colored editions of a model usually have a slightly tweaked circuit.
        I have three Zendrives and they're somewhat different from each other, both in tone and feel.

PS:I too have a couple of the Neunabers in black, and like the look of the white.
        But I'm not gonna replace 'em just for cosmetics.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Monochromatic pedalboards are a thing. I’ve seen folks rocking all black, red or all blue etc pedalboards.

Comment

I want color variety, but no yellows, purples, baby-blues, seafoam-greens or pinks (unless someone would kindly sell me a dod Thrash Master cheap!).
            Plenty of other colors and plenty of brands/models to choose from,,,,,,so why settle, unless one truly doesn't care at all which is just fine too.

Comment

I like a variety of colors but it ultimately doesn't really matter to me. By chance, I always seem to end up with a whole rainbow on my boards.

One thing I really appreciate is when the LED is the same color as the pedal. Makes it easy to see exactly what is on or off when the stage monitor system either sucks or there isn't one.

After a while of assembling boards and noticing the trend, I put together a Nano + with all homemade pedals. I made red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple pedals all with matching LEDs. I know it's nerdy but it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                Monochromatic pedalboards are a thing. I’ve seen folks rocking all black, red or all blue etc pedalboards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...mplete_i_call/
                I was really close to an all red pedalboard. I had 4 pedals I was using that were red, so I chose the last three from special editions in red also. They were all great but I ended up swapping a few out for others.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

We had a guy in Boston that was a killer player for one of the bigger Boston bands in the 80s. He spray-painted all of his pedals black and changed the knobs because he didn't want anyone coping his sound. He did have a killer tone.
                  Last edited by Securb; 06-10-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    We had a guy in Boston that was a killer player for one of the bigger Boston bands in the 80s. He spray-painted all of his pedals black and changed the knobs because he didn't want anyone coping his sound. He did have a killer tone.
                    Man, I just don't have that kind of time for that kind of paranoia.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...lboard9101.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...mplete_i_call/
                      I could never do that. I would ever be changing the wrong pedal. I need multi-color to quickly tell what's what in between songs when the lights are down.

Comment

I'm not crazy about some of the "goofy" color schemes, like some Z-Vex pedals, but it would never stop me from buying something I wanted, or entice me to buy something I didn't want.

Having said that, I do like my limited edition chrome Xotic SL Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          I'm not crazy about some of the "goofy" color schemes, like some Z-Vex pedals, but it would never stop me from buying something I wanted, or entice me to buy something I didn't want.

Having said that, I do like my limited edition chrome Xotic SL Drive.
                          That is a beautiful pedal.
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

That is a beautiful pedal.
                            And it sounds good.

Comment

Probably last on the list for me.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I was really close to an all red pedalboard. I had 4 pedals I was using that were red, so I chose the last three from special editions in red also. They were all great but I ended up swapping a few out for others.
                                Ha! Did you get a pic?

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I could never do that. I would ever be changing the wrong pedal. I need multi-color to quickly tell what's what in between songs when the lights are down.
                                I hear you, not very practical. I tried to do vintage only pedals for a while and I had a similar problem because they didn’t have LEDs so I didn’t know what was on or off until I started playing.

I once started a song with a phaser on that shouldn’t have been on and I couldn’t turn it off because I was using the wah. Pretty comical.

Comment

Working...
                                X