Introducing the Vapor Trail Deluxe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Vapor Trail Deluxe!

There's a new pedal in town...the Vapor Trail Deluxe! The original Vapor Trail is one of my favorite delay pedals, and the new version adds a ton more features.

The Vapor Trail Deluxe builds on the proud legacy of our original Vapor Trail analog delay pedal. Its warm Bucket Brigade repeats and 3-dimensional modulation continues to inspire guitarists around the world. But its expanded control, new sonic modes, and storable preset locations make the Vapor Trail Deluxe analog delay one of a kind.

100% Analog, Bucket Brigade Tone
    The Vapor Trail Deluxe offers 100% analog warmth and character. And with four of the largest Bucket Brigade chips in production, it delivers enhanced tone and increased delay times up to 1.2 seconds. Those chips are also responsible for the pedal’s modulation that goes from a subtle shimmer to rotary speaker-like warble with ease.

Total Control
    We worked hard to give the Vapor Trail Deluxe an inspiring analog tone. But we were just getting started. We’ve also outfitted the pedal with tap tempo with subdivisions, expression pedal control, and delay tails on/off options for letting your repeats carry over. And once you’ve dialed in your perfect repeats, you can store them for on the fly recall in one of three preset locations.

Limitless Ambient Inspiration
    The Vapor Trail Deluxe is also the perfect platform for ambient sonic exploration. First, we carried over the original’s Wet Insert for adding your own outboard effects to the repeated signal. Then we added four new modes that push the boundaries of analog delay.

Micro Delay
    Extremely fast repeats for replicating double-track, slapback, and Leslie speaker-like effects.

Pitch Sequence
    Introduces up and down octaves in eight customizable, rhythmic sequences.

Pitch Bender
    Puts dive-bomb and glissando control at the tap of your toe.

Runaway
    The endless repeats and building energy of runaway delay with effortless control.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Sounds like one could get pretty crazy with it. Especially with the wet signal effects loop. Imagine playing clean but with distortion on the wet signal.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

The regular Vapor Trail had an insert jack on it, and I sent the echoes to all kinds of different effects, even other delays. Check out that blog here.

Comment

Took you long enough!

This might actually solve the problem of the new UA Starlight being out of my price range.
        --------------------------------------------------------
        1973 Aria 551
        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Sounds like a nice ride. I am going to have to check that out.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I always reached down and spun the knob on the original VT, so it is great that this one has some presets. If I want to make spaceship noises, I can use an expression pedal for that.

Comment

SD needs to make a demo of this thing using distortion. Most delays will sound good clean, but what about us poor metalheads?
              --------------------------------------------------------
              1973 Aria 551
              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

My guess is more demos are coming. They have done a few on their Instagram, but I am sure more are coming to YouTube.

Comment

Absolutely love it especially the smaller form factor.

Comment

I will ask two questions here:

1. Is this REALLY a player against the mega-delays available at this price point and

2. Is analog REALLY necessary as Digital sims/emulation/ etc can totally do an analog style delay...

Serious questions.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I guess it depends on how you like your delays. I've never heard analog ones (even with digital control) work like a digital one. I've never heard a digital delay that can nail the sound of an analog one, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I've never heard a digital delay that can nail the sound of an analog one, either.
                        The Eventide is damn close, scary close I might say.

Comment

That's really cool. Not that I need another delay but that is a nice option.

Comment

The specs are great. I love the idea of analog with tap and presets.

Comment

Just having an analog delay time greater than 300ms is pretty awesome, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X