joining the chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining the chorus

Just payed $90 for a black label chorus in great condition! I've been stalking these for a long time waiting for a nicer unit at it's actual "true" price, or at least close.
    With tax and shipping I'm just over a bill. Even a used blue would be most of that, and this ZW looks cooler to me, plus it doesn't have "anal log" on the front lol.

This will be my first stand-alone chorus pedal, and also my only chorus at this time, probably ever again tbh.
    I have in the distant past had digital chorus within the multi-effects format, but never analog or stand-alone of any kind.
    Judging from this demo it might completely redefine my general opinion of chorus.

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    I wonder how close it is to the M234 Analog Chorus.
    I do believe it IS the 234. That said - it's a great sounding chorus. Not an MXR fan myself, but wouldn't pass on one, or have any trouble finding cool sounds with one.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I do believe it IS the 234. That said - it's a great sounding chorus. Not an MXR fan myself, but wouldn't pass on one, or have any trouble finding cool sounds with one.
      Correct. It is the same circuit as the current production M234.

Great sounding effect and very flexible.

Congrats OP!

Comment

Zack has a couple that are just "Wylde" styled that are straight up production models

Comment

Yeah I knew it's not any different than the blue, and a couple years back I almost bought the black version with red letters which is also the same. Being always late to the party, they were sold-out before I pulled the trigger.

Now with Reverb helping boost the prices of past models it has become a game of patiently stalking the web if you want something old or limited at a "fair" price.
          I did however find this one on Reverb and I just barely missed another at a good price awhile back, so not everyone is going for a big profit on there, but most of the listings are like double the price with no offer option lol.

Original Zakk from the NRFTW album is still one of my all-time favorites. I still have that on a creme-colored cassette. It plays medium-well but does have some audible wear.

Last edited by dave74; 06-26-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Not an MXR fan myself...
            I realized the other day that I have more MXR pedals than I do from any other brand, and I don't feel like they'll be off my board soon.

I got a Wylde OD for $40 on a Sam Ash Black Friday sale several years back, added a switch to go to GT-OD specs, and it sounds as good in that mode as any TS-based boost I've ever owned.
            I just added an MXR analog blue chorus, and it's just as good as my Visual Sound H2O and uses half the real estate, and in case I were to miss the delay paired with the H2O in the chorus, ...
            Carbon Copy. Nothing else needed to say there.

MXR pedals rule.

Comment

My small MXR group is growing. When I get the chorus it will be;

ZW chorus
              micro flanger
              script-logo phase90
              silver 6-band
              black 6-band

Comment

I have that same pedal, it's the only chorus I've ever liked or found useful.

Nice score.
                https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I have an odd desire to get all the Zakk pedals, but since so many (Chorus, RotoVibe, Phase 90) are the exact same circuit as others and two more (OD, Wah) are very similar to other currently available pedals it’s a bit frivolous.

Its interesting to see guitar players like him that basically zeroed in on a rig early on, then stuck with it for the most part. He said he got the tone he wanted, no reason to chase anything else.
                  EMGs since the start, transition to the JCM800 boosted with an SD-1/CE-5 during the first Ozzy Record, added a Rotovibe and really since then the signature pedals are slight tweaks to the same stuff. He said the first time he heard EMGs was one of his students playing a Mustang with EMG pickups into his Marshall combo, he thought “that’s how this amp is supposed to sound!”.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    I have an odd desire to get all the Zakk pedals, but since so many (Chorus, RotoVibe, Phase 90) are the exact same circuit as others and two more (OD, Wah) are very similar to other currently available pedals it’s a bit frivolous.

Its interesting to see guitar players like him that basically zeroed in on a rig early on, then stuck with it for the most part. He said he got the tone he wanted, no reason to chase anything else.
                    EMGs since the start, transition to the JCM800 boosted with an SD-1/CE-5 during the first Ozzy Record, added a Rotovibe and really since then the signature pedals are slight tweaks to the same stuff. He said the first time he heard EMGs was one of his students playing a Mustang with EMG pickups into his Marshall combo, he thought “that’s how this amp is supposed to sound!”.
                    And it seems, based on what I have heard from him, he can play pretty darned well....interesting. I wonder if there is a relationship there?

You know, guitar, pickup, a couple of pedals into a Marshall. Honestly - I don't know how he does it without Strymon....

Comment

Did he ever actually use those EMG Selects? That was the first endorsement ad I ever seen with Zakk just after NRFTW was released.

Comment

Zack has a couple that are just "Wylde" styled that are straight up production models
                        MXR does the same with Kerry King his EQ and Q Zone are just the production models with paint jobs.

Comment

I've been looking at the Q-zone for quite awhile, but can't I do the same thing or very close with a basic EQ pedal?

edit;
                          Plus the silver EQ is true-bypass and the Q-zone has their stupid hardwire crap going on.
                          Last edited by dave74; 06-28-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

When the KK 10-band was released it was the only one with two outputs, but when the true-bypass silver versions came out they incorporated that into the silver 10-band.

Comment

Wylde Chorus is now on the way!

40 years of dancing can really keep a girl in shape.

Very diverse crowd huh? When they're done here they will be making their way over to the Gibson Garage.

Comment

Working...
                              X