Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Use a Wah for Metal?

I don't, or didn't, until I heard this:
    A rare occasion where I heard a demo and immediately bought the thing w/o thinking or blinking.
    Andy ensnared my wallet that day.

Sometimes. I have an Ibanez WD-7 that works well for me.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I avoid it like the plague. I will not deny that there are people who have used it effectively (Iommi, Hoffmann, Robertson and Schenker come to mind), but far more have used it to the detriment of their entire sound. This pedal actually looks interesting, though, since it allows you to set the thing up like a tonal filter without the pedal itself, which is where most guitarists fail.

Comment

Heck yeah, Wah is awesome.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not a fan of the Wah, never have been, never will be. I have tried to mess with them and see if various pedals with a bit different sound could get me to like it and I just don't. Out of all the effects out there, it is my least favorite by a long way.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Yes
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              Sometimes. I have an Ibanez WD-7 that works well for me.

Is that not an awesome freaking Wah or what? I miss mine....
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Is that not an awesome freaking Wah or what? I miss mine....
                I don't miss mine. I use it regularly. Much to the chagrin of the neighbors.

Comment

Yes Have a couple old Orange George Dennis Opticals I have used for 20+ years sound great and are bullet proof!
                  Last edited by Ascension; 07-18-2021, 06:20 AM.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Yes, I sparingly use wah for metal. I also have the TWA Triskelion Harmonic Energizer that is in the video above. I do not use it as a wah pedal but as a boost. It is an MXR Q-Zone on steroids. I have owned both pedals I feel comfortable making this statement.

Last edited by Securb; 07-17-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I like wah, even when I was doing old school metal. My wah is from the early 80s, is horribly noisy, but still a lot of fun.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

In good hands and under the right foot (p.i.) I do like wah in metal,,,,,,,,but often that isn't the case and gets overdone in a hurry IMO.
                        The MXR Q-Zone works perfectly for what I need, and part of what I like is just it's simplicity.

The pedal at the top looks awesome, and having that exp. jack and all those internals make it much much more versatile too.
                        Godlyke huh? I guess I've just always missed that brand being under the Godlyke umbrella.

Comment

Not much, though wah pedals are fun. I have a Rocktron Black Cat Moan (but the 'moan' switch is dead) & old Boss Auto-wah somewhere. I get sick of them quick but they're fun in small doses
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Had good results with both the Dunlop Crybaby from Hell and the CAE MC404. Now that I own a Helix, I mainly use the Throaty model, slightly modded, setup as switchless with a Mission Engineering expression pedal.
                            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I'm unhappy if my Crybaby Hendrix wah isn't plugged in between me and the amp, even if I'm not using it.

The first Christmas after I started playing guitar, my dad got me a Crybaby. I made a beeline for my room, plugged it in, and played Jimi's Star Spangled Banner for hours.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X