banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got the Andromeda delay, question about setting exact delay times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the Andromeda delay, question about setting exact delay times...

Is it possible to set the delay to 127ms? I am seeing that after 100ms, it only advances in 10ms units, not single "1ms" increments. In short, I can either set the delay to 120 or 130 or 140ms, but NOT 127ms. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by damnedcat777; 07-19-2021, 08:26 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't see that there is a way to do that, but I don't have one in front of me. Maybe suggest a software update? Is there a reason you need to be specific like that?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mincer: Thanks for the heads up. Well, yeah, there kind of is a reason. I'm in love with that Sun Studio 127ms slap back delay. Its my "go to" delay sound. 120ms is too fast and 130ms is too slow. I didn't know this was going to be so... rough around the edges. I can always use my TC Elec D-Two in the studio, but I was hoping this pedal would solve the things the D-Two solves but without the whole "rack mount" pain in the butt. As it is, I doubt I keep this Andromeda. I play the delay like other people play guitar chords. With a delay and a reverb, you can do anything. With a delay that only adjusts by the 10ms (not the 1ms), I just don't have any real use for this. I'd have to set up my song tempos to the delay. NOT my idea of fun. Wish they would've put this little flaw in the listing...

Comment

Was there ever any software updates that addressed this?

Comment

I don't think any software update can fix what's wrong with this pedal. I did update it to the most recent software the day the pedal arrived. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust any of the pedal's parameters via it's software. The software only SAVES presets. It makes NO SENSE to have the delay times on a pedal this expensive to be SO inflexible! I guess R&D decided "You can have any delay time setting you want, as long as it's IN the pedal's limited available time presets." Gee, SD: thanks for very little. And thanks for 1) not making this giant limitation apparent in the brochures, and, 2) charging me almost 3 bones. In this economy, when so many other options exist out there.

Another thing (as if all this isn't enough): Since originally posting this, I've also found that there are "missing" time settings. For instance, you can set the pedal time to 94ms, 95ms, 96ms, but NOT 97ms. It skips to 98ms. This is common across the board on all of the "time" settings. So, FORGET setting this to a song's tempo/groove. Keeping this pedal means rearranging ALL of your songs/material to fit the limitations this pedal is capable of. The fact SD didn't make this QUITE CLEAR in the advertising copy is downright MADDENING. Especially for the money involved. Now... Had I spent $60 on this pedal, had it been one of those plastic Amazon "Chinese door stop" pedals, then, yeah, sure: I get it. But for a $280 Seymour Duncan pedal??? It's downright Unforgivable. This is going back on ebay this weekend. Lesson learned.
          Last edited by damnedcat777; 07-22-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Wow, I am sorry about all of that. I didn't realize that it had limitations like that. With the mega-delay pedals available out there (there is a lot of competition) you'd think that there would be more info out there about what this pedal can or can't do.
            I have a Silver Lake that I just got (SD's reverb pedal), and I have no idea if there are any ergonomic limitations to this model, since the ad copy didn't say much, and I haven't yet dived into it. Hopefully you can get something that will work for your needs.

Comment

I don't know if it's a limit of the unit, I wonder if MIDI would allow you to get smaller changes?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                I don't know if it's a limit of the unit, I wonder if MIDI would allow you to get smaller changes?
                I don't know if there is a ton of midi implementation info on this pedal...I was under the impression that it used midi to store presets only, but I'd be interested to find out.

Comment

Working...
                X