DIY Katana Pedalboard :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Katana Pedalboard :)

Was doing some house remodeling and decided to use some scraps to make myself a little 2-tier pedalboard for my Boss Katana setup...

Signal chain from right (input side of board) to left...
    • Moen ABY signal splitter with buffer
    • Swiff Audio C10 tuner (rebranded Rock Stock Nano tuner at half the cost)
    • PSHC Rusty Cog (Zvex SHO boost clone)
    • Caline Enchanted Tone (low gain Dumble-style boost)
    • PSHC Moon Fuzz (modified EQD Acapulco Gold)
    • MXR "Dookie" Drive
    • PSHC FZ2 (Boss FZ2 clone)
    • Flamma Preamp (7 preamp models with clean and dirty channels for each)
    • MXR Reverb

Of course, this board houses the GA-FC foot controller and there's a place to velcro the Walrus Audio "Aetos" power supply underneath the board, though I am looking into a better long-term mounting option for the PS.

As it's currently wired, the Moen ABY splits the input signal into channels A (Drive/Fuzz chain into Katana's primary input) and B (Secondary preamp/Wet effects chain into Katana effects loop, set to parallel) with the tuner attached via the Moen's separate "tuner" out.

I'll be putting this new arrangement through its paces this weekend and making tweaks as necessary, but I'm very excited about how it all came together!

What do you guys think?

That looks fantastic! Well done!

Comment

That came out great! I love projects like this.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you, guys!

It was a total spur-of-the-moment idea using some leftover shiplap board scraps, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I managed to squeeze 8 proper pedals + tuner + dedicated Katana foot controller + high quality power supply into a footprint that's smaller than a Helix floorboard. Just right for my space!

In the pics above, the Aetos PS isn't attached to the pedalboard, but the whole thing feels REALLY compact and tidy once the PS is mounted underneath, out of sight.

Comment

Working...
        X