A cry for help - to LPB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cry for help - to LPB

So, LPB, the world is getting to me; The Politics, The Virus, The Division, Work, Life, Aging, Band Drama....you name it.

I am desperately wanting to go on a Retail Therapy binge. Talk me out of this, or at least talk me down!

Just saying I've been eying Walrus and Old Blood Noise pedals...as well as Mini Pedals. And Jonesing for both to make me feel better.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Well, there's always the option of putting the screen down (minus essential communication) for a few days to weeks. That works wonders for me. But barring that, I say buy a bunch of Walrus Pedals because:
    1. They look dope
    2. They sound great
    3. They're expensive so you'll be extra distracted
    4. They're handmade in Oklahoma City, OK, a city that's getting cooler all the time but still needs some help to survive this crazy economy
    5. My high school acquaintance is the president of the company so I'm pretty biased
    6. There's cool limited edition art releases
    7. I said so
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

You need a slo Ace
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
        Well, there's always the option of putting the screen down (minus essential communication) for a few days to weeks. That works wonders for me. But barring that, I say buy a bunch of Walrus Pedals because:
        1. They look dope
        2. They sound great
        3. They're expensive so you'll be extra distracted
        4. They're handmade in Oklahoma City, OK, a city that's getting cooler all the time but still needs some help to survive this crazy economy
        5. My high school acquaintance is the president of the company so I'm pretty biased
        6. There's cool limited edition art releases
        7. I said so
        These are all fantastic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          You need a slo Ace
          I would love one. Passed on a snakeskin SLO100 at a time when I just didn't need one, but should have got it on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
            \ I am always for buying more pedals as long as it doesn't undermine:
            health: Check
            safety: Check
            nutrition: Check
            happiness: If she does not see them arrive....Check
            commitments for you or your loved ones: Grrrrrrrr. - There are a couple of bills coming up - like Bathroom remodel bills......

But what's a buck 150 on top of that bill???

Walrus Monument is calling to me, appealing to my Tremolo freak

Mini I was gonna go for the Mooer UK Gold 900 and an Echoverb. Those two pedals are like all I need! Marshall 900 + Delay + Reverb. With Cab Sim? Pffft. Add a boost for leads and I am there 1000%

Comment

Walrus is a solid company making legit pedals. I originally bought the ones I have to put on a small practice board that was easier to grab and go. I have not tried any of their gain pedals but their "effect pedals" are all fantastic. Built well, feel nice and solid, nice knobs, good switches, graphic work, etc. Can't go wrong with them.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                Walrus is a solid company making legit pedals. I originally bought the ones I have to put on a small practice board that was easier to grab and go. I have not tried any of their gain pedals but their "effect pedals" are all fantastic. Built well, feel nice and solid, nice knobs, good switches, graphic work, etc. Can't go wrong with them.
                It seems like Walrus tries hard to add functions that are musician-driven... like "I love my chorus pedal but what if it could do THIS?" and then they figure out a way to add the THIS to the pedal. And then they have all those videos of the Walrus staff jamming with the pedals. Again, I'm super biased, but they're definitely doing cool stuff.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I'm not active on any social media except obligatory band stuff, I joined Next Door at the beginning of the Pandemic because it lists people in the area in financial trouble in need of food etc.....

but I learned quickly that I also don't want to know how f*cking stupid my neighbors are.... so after 6 months I quit...

but I did manage to help some folks out with food and help some others with house/car repair issues and even fixed several bikes for some kids (I think I fixed 6 bikes total)

-most social media time and news is just wasting your time.

Ace, go buy a sh*t ton of cool pedals and shun the the glowing screens for new riffs.

Buy some Origin stuff from the UK, https://origineffects.com/ it's incredibly decadent and amazingly premium top end

-it will satiate your desire and lament for the world for at least 48 hours.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Walrus Monument is calling to me, appealing to my Tremolo freak
                    Get it.

And then a Julia. Then bask in the lush chorus and tremolo guitar.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I know you said that you are interested in the Monument but have you ever checked out an Earthquaker Devices Night Wire?

Totally blows the Walrus away, both in sound quality and flexibility. Just my opinion, of course. EQD's switching is really cool. Tap the switch and the effect turns on or off, just like any other latching switch. Press and hold the switch and it keeps the effect on until you remove your foot.

I find that to be very useful, especially if you're only using the effect for parts or phrases.

Having envelope control over the trem speed is super cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                        I know you said that you are interested in the Monument but have you ever checked out an Earthquaker Devices Night Wire?

Totally blows the Walrus away, both in sound quality and flexibility. Just my opinion, of course. EQD's switching is really cool. Tap the switch and the effect turns on or off, just like any other latching switch. Press and hold the switch and it keeps the effect on until you remove your foot.

I find that to be very useful, especially if you're only using the effect for parts or phrases.

Having envelope control over the trem speed is super cool too.
                        The Night Wire is on my Trem list....just not that high up. I can live with myself if it is less than $150. I'm not necessarily jonesing for a Harmonic Trem.

Comment

A friend of mine is a gear hoarder. He is a guitar teacher and runs a music shop as hobby. Since he is in a bit of trouble he goes 'selling one - buying one'. He is happy to get his GAS pampered and his pile isn't growing.
                          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
                            A friend of mine is a gear hoarder. He is a guitar teacher and runs a music shop as hobby. Since he is in a bit of trouble he goes 'selling one - buying one'. He is happy to get his GAS pampered and his pile isn't growing.
                            I have hit that with guitars....one comes in, equal value need to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I have hit that with guitars....one comes in, equal value need to go out.
                              Me too, but it is because I just don't want to maintain that much stuff.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X