No announcement yet.

My Tremolo Christmas List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard a harmonic trem that sounds like a chorus. They're definitely a phase shifting effect - somewhere between a phaser and a univibe to my ear.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Cool, Haven't heard the Keeley Harmonic Trem... What specifically do you prefer about it?
      There's a particular warmth to it that I never really seemed to get out of the Flint. I also think it lands in a very thick spot the way I have it set and the phaseyness of it just feels very swampy and lush.

Comment

Build one! The BYOC Trem I built sounds amazing, and it was a fun (not too hard) project even I can do.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Is it better than a Shape Shifter 2 or a Melo-Verb?
          Hardly....not even in the ballpark. Not even the same game.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is it better than a Shape Shifter 2 or a Melo-Verb?
            It doesn't have the control that those do, but the tone is easily as good. And you get to build and paint it.

Comment

What kind of paints can you use on the typical aluminum enclosure?
              Anything, really. For the last compressor I built, I used a metallic dark red paint from a can, and had my gf use a silver paint pen for the artwork. Its fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It doesn't have the control that those do, but the tone is easily as good. And you get to build and paint it.
                Or, you could get another Tremolo with equally good tone, multiple modes, an epic set of controls, and a killer graphic....that is already assembled!

Comment

Are there any good educational resources for doing finish work on pedals? Assuming the soldering work does not get ridiculously tiny, that is the main thing giving me pause.
                  There are some great videos on You Tube about painting and using water slide decals and waxing them afterwards -I can make a pedal that is store ready pretty easily.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Are there any good educational resources for doing finish work on pedals? Assuming the soldering work does not get ridiculously tiny, that is the main thing giving me pause.
                    Well, a magnifying glass helps...those resistor codes look a lot alike.

The best resource for finishing pedals is the BYOC forum.

Comment

Ignoring your "crappy switches / need 3o more minutes of knob dialing" comment....

Yeah - That is on the list. Just not the Retail Therapy list

Comment

Working...
                      X