No announcement yet.

Recommend amp-in-a-box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the one I heard was through a guitar cab. If it is going into a full range cab, I'd want some other kind of modeling in there. Maybe a Sansamp pedal or something.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      When I hear Amp-In-A-Box I think of something like the Bogner Red and Blue pedals, the 5150 overdrive, or the Catalinbread pedals like the Dirty Little Secret or RAH (or the many others they make). Sounds like you need a whole amp sim, that models the preamp/poweramp and a cab sim. Without some kind of cab sim, it's going to sound really harsh.

The AMT stuff is great, as is the Tech 21 stuff, the Mooer micro amp sims, the Amplifirebox, the Strymon Iridium, and all the digital modelers out there.

Does the Palladium have a cab sim? I didn't think it did, I know it can work as a preamp, but it probably needs some kind of sim after it unless you are going for harsh NIN-ish tones.
      Interesting thought. Definitely not going for harsh tones. I wonder if PODs hold up still. They're certainly cheap and plentiful.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        The Source Audio stuff might scratch your itch they have multiple amp and stomp models and super flexible EQ, there is a smaller version of this unit that goes for around 100 bucks.
        a bass player i regularly gig with has one of thses on his board and it sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

Interesting thought. Definitely not going for harsh tones. I wonder if PODs hold up still. They're certainly cheap and plentiful.
          It isn't that PODs don't hold up. But they have a certain quality that is the same across all of their models. If I was considering that route, I'd look for an old Johnson J-Station.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X