New favorite pedal mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New favorite pedal mod

I was looking in my Wampler modding book for the BD-2 circuit analysis, when I saw that he had an interesting mod.

He took a capacitor to bridge the input and output of the pre-distortion filter so that many of the bass frequencies were left untouched thus adding an octave/fuzz effect.

It takes away a lot of the things I don't like about the Bluesdriver, it sounds thicker, less buzzy, and really lends itself to letting a single guitar fill a whole lot of sonic space for a single guitar band.

You can do this on a whole lot of pedals, sometimes with a jumper, some times with different sized caps. But I spent a good bit of time yesterday trying it on a few different pedals, and it can have some interesting results.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Forgot to post the mod: it's a .1uf cap between the outside legs of Q10 and R29.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

interesting. so you could also tune the bass by this mod, say using a .047 instead if you wanted less than the .1 but more than stock?

Comment

Yes, but that may be too small. The actual mod is for a 1uf resistor, I simply misread the capacitor code when I posted the mod. You'd be looking for a .47uf cap.

That value would work better if you still wanted to pedal to sound more or less like a BD-2, the 1uf is a pretty radical change.

Comment

Working...
        X