Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vfe ice-scream has adjustable input impedance,,,,,,,maybe the focus does also come to think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      It doesn't matter. Everyone is overthinking this. Just move your pedals around until you get a pleasant sound.
      Can't beat a common sense approach to these things. I never thought about it either, but I'm also not a fuzz or vintage pedal guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        It doesn't matter. Everyone is overthinking this. Just move your pedals around until you get a pleasant sound.
        If guitarists were after a pleasant sound, nobody would own a fuzz pedal. :P
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          My vfe ice-scream has adjustable input impedance,,,,,,,maybe the focus does also come to think of it.
          Put it first in line, get a nice amp tone going where the pedal pushes it into distortion. Try the impedance all the way up and all the way down and roll your volume back in both cases to see how it interacts.

Usually if it’s a high input impedance it’ll be fine anywhere in the chain, the lower impedance will cause more interesting things to occur which could be beneficial or not based on what you want.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

If guitarists were after a pleasant sound, nobody would own a fuzz pedal. :P
            I posted it above, but when I realized a Fuzz Face was a schmitt trigger things made a lot of sense.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Do you find your tone even needs a buffer? Or are you just trying to make Josh happy? He's in the business of selling pedals.
              I play single coil Fenders into Fender amps, there's more than enough "bright" going on that I don't mind a little loss of hi end.
              No buffer's for me!
              Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Metalzone doesn't care where you put it in the chain. I have mine in the middle before the clean boost.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have my Metalzone in the bowels of hell with all knobs pointing straight down! Still an integral part of my chain though, just requires very long cables.

Comment

I did notice my long cheap braided cables darken the sound a bit
                    the 20 ft George L cable doesn't do that
                    But it tangles much quicker than the big cheap braided musicians gear

EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      I did notice my long cheap braided cables darken the sound a bit
                      the 20 ft George L cable doesn't do that
                      But it tangles much quicker than the big cheap braided musicians gear

Yeah, the George Ls do sound clean and clear, but they are a mess to deal with if they tangle.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

As always - let your EARS be the final judge. After all of this arranging and rearranging to get the correct settings:

- It may all sound the same either way
                        - It may sound better with the buffers
                        - It may sound worse

Physics is physics, and sound is sound. Somethings they can be more or less related. YMMV

Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          As always - let your EARS be the final judge. After all of this arranging and rearranging to get the correct settings:

- It may all sound the same either way
                          - It may sound better with the buffers
                          - It may sound worse

Physics is physics, and sound is sound. Somethings they can be more or less related. YMMV
                          so you just gonna play the field and not commit to any opinion

"everything is right"

thanks
                          EHD

Comment

What’s your current complete signal path? Which pedals are you using?

EDIT: Aceman wasn’t saying “everything is right”, he was saying that what’s right for one person and their setup is not necessarily right for someone else.

Play the guitar through your pedalboard, but without any pedals on (unless they’re normally always on); then plug the guitar straight into the amp, and see if it sounds better. If it sounds better straight into the amp, you might need a buffer.
                            Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 09-21-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you
                              I am aware of how to plug in my gear

I was making a discussion about buffers and and true bypass
                              This is the title of the thread

I posted the signal path in three posts in this thread

I realize no one reads the title or the whole thread before offering opinions

Thanks again

I like Aces view and i agree that if it sounds good in whatever configuration, it is good.
                              that does nothing to drive the conversation or topic at all.

Its like asking should i get the brown Toyota or white Ford
                              And someone saying get the one you like best
                              hardly informative at all. And although it is technically the right approach
                              Does nothing for the topic

Doesn't compare the vehicles, or in the case of this thread, the design of the pedal switches

Or like you said just ride a bike

Again thank you for bumping the thread back up
                              So that someone may see it and offer a worhwhile opinion

EHD

Comment

I for one have noticed some loss in fundamental tone when using too many buffered effects in the path. Starts sounding thinner when you get more than a few IMO.

The common theme of using a couple in the front-end that are strategically-placed is probably the best policy.

If you use the amp's loop and have long cables going to and from then use another buffered model at the beginning and/or at the end of the loop.

Just a hunch here, but I'd bet the cheapo $20 pedals do not have the same buffers as the Boss models. Never compared them myself though.

Waza buffers are improved MIJ versions, and the waza tuner has the buffer/bypass switch so it's very useful beyond just tuning and setting intonation. Great first-in-line pedal.
                                The waza delay makes a great last-in-line pedal, especially if your amp has reverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X