Sophie's Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophie's Choice

If you had to lose/pull an effect off your current board. Which effect would it be and why? I am not talking about a dust collector under your bed, something that is plugged in and powered up right now.

At the moment, it would probay be the Pinnacle Deluxe. Its a bit bright and the sag just annoys me, esp if Im playing .y JB equipped guitar. Its not a bad pedal, just not fitting in my tastes at the moment
    Last edited by Hsb; 09-26-2021, 06:22 AM.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Maybe my compressor, which is a very mild 'always on' one.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Pharaoh Fuzz clone. I like it, but if I had to do away with one, that would be it.

Comment

For me, it would be my Carbon Copy. It sounds great but I would be more than happy with the settings in my H9. However, I have to remember to change the settings on the H9 between songs where as the CC is set and forget it.

Comment

Tuner. Overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
              Tuner. Overrated.
              Ditched my tuner a while back I use the tuner n the H9

Comment

The Boss SD-1. Well, it IS in fact collecting dust mostly, given there are also one Maxon OD-9 Analogman, one OD-808X and a Boss GE-7 on the same board with a similar purpose, all sounding far better in their own way than the SD-1.

Comment

Having just got the new black 40th-A SD-1 a couple months back I'll say this;

I like the fact it barely changes the tone with the knob set to around noon, and even if you set it anywhere between 9:00 and 3:00 it's fairly clear in comparison to the way most screamers add more midrange hump/character to the tone. It juices the feel and ease-of-play without changing the EQ curve as much. More of a broad gentle hump.

What I don't like is that it lacks output when ran in the clean-boost settings or close to them. (0-gain, level-max) With just a bit more output it would be one of the best overdrives for clean-boosting an already saturated amp that you don't want to change too much with the boost.

Comment

Eventide H9. -I only use it for 2 songs.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Phase 90 can go. Then Univibe. Then Chorus. Just two drives and a character type delay are pretty darn effective.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

EHX Synth9

Great pedal, but my keyboard chops have improved significantly. It was great to swing key riffs on guitar fast and easy. I don't need it now. Anything I need to do on keys I can do. And some songs require keys anyway, that the Synth9 can't do.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          EHX Synth9

Great pedal, but my keyboard chops have improved significantly. It was great to swing key riffs on guitar fast and easy. I don't need it now. Anything I need to do on keys I can do. And some songs require keys anyway, that the Synth9 can't do.
                          Do you have a cheap synth recommendation or you already had one? Do you have it straight to PA? I’m thinking about having a synth as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Do you have a cheap synth recommendation or you already had one? Do you have it straight to PA? I’m thinking about having a synth as well.
                            I have a Yamaha PSR that is like 20 years old. I suspect the technology has significantly improved these days. Key valuable features:
                            - 61 keys at least
                            - ability to split the board for sound (brass up top, synth bass on bass, etc)
                            - ability to stack sounds
                            - programability or presets for your 10 favorites.

It runs into a DI, then straight to the board.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              I have a Yamaha PSR that is like 20 years old. I suspect the technology has significantly improved these days. Key valuable features:
                              - 61 keys at least
                              - ability to split the board for sound (brass up top, synth bass on bass, etc)
                              - ability to stack sounds
                              - programability or presets for your 10 favorites.

It runs into a DI, then straight to the board.
                              Nice tips, thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X