Talk to me about Way Huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about Way Huge

I'm interested in the Green Rhino as a Tubescreamer that doesn't cut quite as much bass, then I realized just how little I see the Way Huge pedals discussed or recommended here.

Is anyone rocking any of them? Positive or negative experiences? I'd like to hear specifically about the Green Rhino, the Conspiracy Theory, and the Aqua Puss.

I don't think we should discuss my junk here....

Seriously, the Green Rhino is a great screamer alternative for those who want more flex than TS9. Not rocking a Rhino, but wouldn't have a problem with one.

BAss options, mid adjustments...what more do you really want out of a screamer?

But if you want MORE bass, consider a TS9DX.
    Last edited by Aceman; 09-26-2021, 10:56 AM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Here is a cool vid

Comment

Traditionally, their classic pedals get great reviews. I don't know if any of them have changed since Dunlop owns them.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don't they have like 18 versions? (of green rhino)
          Last edited by dave74; 09-26-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I have owned a few. Blue Hippo, Pork Loin and Swollen Pickle.

They all worked and sounded good, just not good enough to displace the pedals I already had.

Dunlop appears to have done the line justice. IIRC, Jorge Tripps had, or maybe still has oversight of the line. He's buddies with Bonamassa and Joe uses some Way Huge stuff.

I think they offer a lot of good pedals for fair money but most of their offerings are in fiercely competitive market segments.

Comment

Bonamassa pedals Bonamassa branded Way Huge pedals on his website (sorry for the pun) -That's cause enough for me to not use them.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Way Huge are good pedals. George knows what was up and made stuff that worked well for the working and studio musician. Quick and easy to get great sounds, not complicated, light, etc. There are so many other pedal companies out there now that I think Way Huge just fell behind and is existing rather than pushing the envelope and doing much of anything new. Every pedal I have of theirs is great. I really liked his delays.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've always been interested in the Pickle, but have somehow never run across one to try.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i have a mk2 and mk4 rhino as well as a camel toe which has a rhino and a red llama in one box. the rhino is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                      Way Huge are good pedals. George knows what was up and made stuff that worked well for the working and studio musician. Quick and easy to get great sounds, not complicated, light, etc. There are so many other pedal companies out there now that I think Way Huge just fell behind and is existing rather than pushing the envelope and doing much of anything new. Every pedal I have of theirs is great. I really liked his delays.
                      That an astute analysis.

I could easily see them with a mini-line, a main line, and a few Strymon-esque boxes. But yeah, they seem to have never evolved. I know them as pretty popular when they first came came out. Really liked them. But over time...yeah, just sort of there. Solid performers, but not so cheap you'd get one or so amazing you need one.

Comment

they were one of the early small builders and george made some awesome stuff. once dunlop bought the brand they continued to put out cool stuff but nothing all that ground breaking, though it did become way easier to get one if you wanted. i doubt they will discontinue the green rhino but a mkv might replace the iv at somepoint, who knows

Comment

ahh, i didnt know the smalls was a mkv. looks cool! kinda like a mkii but with a switch for the frequency. i usually run my mk2 flat or just up a tiny bit on the 100k boost and fully ccw on the curve. not sure if the curve is the same on the smalls

Comment

Working...
                          X