Your Wah of choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Wah of choice

Every board needs a wah, right? What's your favorite?

I have always been a Morley user. The switchless Classic Wah is my favorite. Original Crybaby is my second choice. I still need to get my hands on the Jerry Cantrell wah.

are you hendrix? are you playing funk? you dont need a wah. step away from the poorly and over used pedal people step on to try make boring solos more "interesting"

Comment

I have been a Morley guy for decades. Lately, I have been using the Q-wah algorithm in the Eventide H9 with the expression pedal. There are so many different flavors to play with.

Comment

I've been using a Dunlop 535-Q for the last 12 years or so. Never let me down, always sounds great and it is flexible enough to easily tweak for different guitars or amps.

For leads, a lot of times I kick it on and leave it parked in one position. Hard to do that with spring loaded, "switchless" wah pedals.

Comment

Fulltone Clyde, since 1995. Mine was made back when Michael was getting inductors out of old VOX wahs and some surplus U.K. military parts. The rocker hinge is tall, so the pedal has more sweep than normal Crybabys. It's hand-signed and has a lifetime warranty, for as long as Michael is alive.

Comment

I always wanted to try a Snarling Dog.

Comment

im 100% sure people try and use a wah to make boring solos sound more interesting a whole hell of a lot. i just played a festival over the weekend and the only time anyone stepped on a wah, other than the play a funk rhythm, was to try and spice up a lame ass solo. im not saying they cant be used to good effect, im suggesting that most people who step on one, should not.

Comment

I just ordered a BYOC drop in wah kit, so I am hoping that is the one. I have an old early 80s wah that sounds great, but is noisy as hell- so I will rebuild it. The BYOC has internal trimpots, so you have options.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fulltone Wahfull with a Moog pedal controller.

Can do 3 different types of wah and also does the cocked wah thing.

Really high (1 MOhm) input so no tone suck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fulltone-wahfull-main.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	6118703

Comment

Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure as heck can't make it sound like Pete does, at least not yet, but this was my choice a couple months back.

Comment

Joyo wah with adjustable freq range.

Comment

Bog-standard Dunlop Crybaby from the late 90s.
                          Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 10-12-2021, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I had a GCB-95 standard crybaby for years and then in the early 2000's I modded the crap out of it. Eventually it got a new board from Area 51. It was sold back in 2017. A year later I picked up a JC-95 Jerry Cantrell model. It was definitely a need purchase as I had stepped back in to playing guitar for a couple gigs and several songs on the set need that effect. I absolutely love that crybaby. Sometimes I'll set it in to what I call the "Michael Schenker" position during leads. Doesn't always have to be rocked back and forth. The toe-down frequency can be adjusted as well. What I like about that is you can get a pseudo talk-box sounding effect. I like in the middle position myself.
                            Last edited by ErikH; 10-12-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

535Q. If you can't get a wah sound you like after tweaking one of these . . . you probably don't like wah. :P
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                              X