No announcement yet.

Your Wah of choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one that I ever liked was the CAE wah, the voicing and boost hit a sweet spot for me.

Comment

Have had a pair of the old Orange George Dennis Wah's since the 1990's. They are optical and never wear out.
      These https://reverb.com/item/28273169-geo...d30-wah-orange
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I mostly like Wah for Cocked Wah -like Mick Ronson -AKA adjustable filter pedal.

And for that, I always dug the VOX Wahs.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I think my Weeping Demon was/would be my Wah-Of-Choice. But those are aging and getting harder to get.
          I am currently using a Morley Liberty Wah - I like "instant on" for stage use. It does the job.

My Thomas Organ Stereo-Volume-Fuzz-Wah is awesome, but kind of unique

That said - If buying a Wah today, in general I'd have a hard time not suggesting a 535Q
          I'd love a Charlie Stringer Blues Bawls
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            are you hendrix? are you playing funk? you dont need a wah. step away from the poorly and over used pedal people step on to try make boring solos more "interesting"
            Killjoy

Comment

are you hendrix? are you playing funk?
              Yes.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

are you hendrix? are you playing funk? you dont need a wah. step away from the poorly and over used pedal people step on to try make boring solos more "interesting"
                Kirk Hammett and Slash would boring af without the wah. Just imagine... 'Sweet Child' solo with no wah.

Comment

im 100% sure people try and use a wah to make boring solos sound more interesting a whole hell of a lot. i just played a festival over the weekend and the only time anyone stepped on a wah, other than the play a funk rhythm, was to try and spice up a lame ass solo. im not saying they cant be used to good effect, im suggesting that most people who step on one, should not.
                  Lol. Harsh read. Good thing most of the audience is generally *not* made up of musicians - nobody would be satisfied
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                  http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

its one of my biggest guitar pet peeves, crappy solos with wah. ive been listening to people do it as long as ive been playing guitar. everyone thinks they need a wah and im quite convinced of the opposite

Comment

we all have our burdens to bear. thankfully, thats not one of mine

Comment

its one of my biggest guitar pet peeves, crappy solos with wah. ive been listening to people do it as long as ive been playing guitar. everyone thinks they need a wah and im quite convinced of the opposite
                        Agreed. Even amongst famous legends, only a few used it musically and tastefully IMO. I think Santana and Jeff Beck were musical with it. Hendrix used it for good effect though not always musical. Zappa was similar, IMO. Clapton just tapped his foot on it in time with the song. Gilmour had to hook his up backwards before he got anything useful out of one.

Comment

Can you just imagine if Neil Young had decided to use a wah?
                          That's me.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

I feel the same way about string bending. Total gimmick that never pays off.
                            Love the sarcasm . I feel the same about alt-picking with distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Kirk Hammett and Slash would boring af without the wah. Just imagine... 'Sweet Child' solo with no wah.
                              I'm with you on Slash . . . but ixnay on the irkkay. He's not exactly the poster boy for quality wah solos.

:P
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

This is not just something that applies specifically to wahs but in general with pedals.

I LOVE guitar effects.
                                ...but discovered long ago that they are heavily abused as they can make any old crap sound good. Or at least a bit better. The trick imho is to create something that stands alone even without effects, and use effects to embellish that.

Was at a gig over the summer by a really great young band from not too far from here. However the guitarist played wah on every track with the exception of a track with bass wah .

The guitar ended up being very boring over the course of the gig.

BTW Mine is a Dunlop crybaby from the 90s - which I haven't used in ages but really enjoy it when I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X