Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cheap decent noise gate

Does it exist?

Someone was just recemtly raving about the TC Electronics Sentry, new can be had for $109
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I have watched great reviews about Chinese clone pedals that can surely piss gear snobs off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf23c6ba165824f0eb612459042551cc7V.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	6127831

Comment

Another question, can they be used with multi-effects units, I have a boss GT 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

That, and many of the cheap clones have pretty good build quality these days, so they have a lot going for them. My major complaint anymore is that brand names seem to pop up and disappear overnight; its like the names mean less than ever now, but it is starting to be a liability because you dont know who is who or who is really making what or if any if them are going to be around a year from now if you ever want to buy another one.

I just found this.

Comment

I know $130 isn't cheap, but I cannot say enough about my MXR M135 Smart Gate. It's a super, durable, easy-to-use pedal with multiple settings to shut down hiss and noise. I've become less and less of a pedal person over the past couple of years, but the one pedal that sees near-constant use is the Smart Gate.

Comment

Basically brand new 2020 NS-2 with all the goods and an extra back cover for velcro. I'd offer $50 just to be decently fair.
              Remember with the ns2 you also get the pedal's patch/loop for various configurations and placements.

Comment

Donner Soph Gate!
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've often wondered about the hard/soft switch on the cheap gate pedals.
                  Is it to choose partial suppression rather than total muting?
                  Or is it for slower vs faster attack/release?
                  Or both? Or something else?
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Good thing about the NS-2 is the ability to connect the dirt pedals into its Send-Return loop.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	NS2_Diagram3.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	6128002
                    As a powerful tool to combat unwanted noise, the BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor is invaluable. Find out how to use it effectively in your rig in this article!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                      Might as well make a whole loop of dirt pedals!
                      Exactly! NS-2 Send into Maxon OD-9 into OD-808X into Boss SD-1 into GE-7 into NS-2 Return.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                        Donner Soph Gate!
                        I ordered one Friday night, supposed to be here Wednesday. I figured for $79 bucks why not. I hope it is damn fast, I would like that.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post

I ordered one Friday night, supposed to be here Wednesday. I figured for $79 bucks why not. I hope it is damn fast, I would like that.
                          Post a review

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Post a review
                            The review is it is arguably the fastest and best gate out right now according to a lot of people. Definitely the best bang for the buck new. It's a no brainer purchase if you are looking for a gate.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post
                              I know $130 isn't cheap, but I cannot say enough about my MXR M135 Smart Gate. It's a super, durable, easy-to-use pedal with multiple settings to shut down hiss and noise. I've become less and less of a pedal person over the past couple of years, but the one pedal that sees near-constant use is the Smart Gate.
                              I have one too.

It's based off of the SR&D Rockmodule "Smart Gate" from the 80's. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X