- It is what it says
    - Never mind multiple posts, find the cheapest
    - They screw Gaijin, don't do it!
    - Mad Samurai price cuts on rare gear
    - Great if out stays dry
    - Great but don't by from Ninja Nakamura

What's the word?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Not sure if I have ordered pedals or not, but I've ordered guitars from Japan with no issues. May do it again, thinking about a LP and will probably go Edwards or other Japanese brand.

Comment

All of my issues have always been state side. Never a problem from overseas. YMMV

As long as the pics are good and the descriptions are legit and they respond to questions etc. I don't see why not. Look at the feedback and follow your gut.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Why not, what makes you question ordering from Japan? I've only ordered a handful of things from Japan but I've never had a problem.

Comment

Odds are that it's manufactured in Korea or Vietnam anyway.

Comment

If it's an actual Japanese business, you shouldn't have a problem. They will pack it well, you will get the product as described. Shipping may be expensive. Once in maybe 10 years I had a package opened by customs and resealed. They left a note inside, but no damage and nothing wrong with the item. The only problems I've encountered have to do with transfer of the mail systems. JapanPost sends via EMS which has tracking, but when that gets handed over to USPS, tracking ends because it's a different system. But I still have always received everything I bought from Japan without problems, it's just the day it actually arrives becomes 'a surprise.'

Comment

Also, if it is AC powered, make sure you get the proper adapter.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Also, if it is AC powered, make sure you get the proper adapter.
                Like a Boss pedal?

Comment

Straight from the land of the rising sun. A 1982 BOSS BF-2 Flanger with black label Japan sticker in great condition with box and instruction sheet in Japanese. But I won't be using it for the flanging effect.... no, it will be used for something far more sinister... 1.jpg

Comment

Chorus?

Comment

I've always passed due to assuming shipping would kill the good deal. Never actually checked on the shipping/customs charges.

Comment

I see a lot of free shipping listed, or haven't even bothered because of too many "multiple listings " at slightly different prices on things. That just doesn't pasty sniff test.

Comment

I've seen multiple listing where they test the waters on which ad works, like free shipping but the price is higher, or lower price but separate shipping, or higher price, free ship and something thrown in. If it's the same shop/storefront, they probably have 1 item with 3-4 ads and just close all of them when one of the ads sells. But I've mainly seen that strategy with China and UK listings so far.

Comment

I've ordered pedals from Japan before with no problems. Just don't get a power supply from there - their wall voltage is 100V AC. But the 9V DC port on pedals will work with any 9V adapter you've already got that works with your wall voltage.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I believe they actually have both 110-130v & 220-240v in different areas of Japan. (not 100% sure of the precise voltages though)
                              In any case a boss pedal would almost certainly be 9v dc negative centre, so it's unlikely to make a difference unless there is a charger with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X