Ordering pedals from Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by playas View Post
    I believe they actually have both 110-130v & 220-240v in different areas of Japan. (not 100% sure of the precise voltages though)
    In any case a boss pedal would almost certainly be 9v dc negative centre, so it's unlikely to make a difference unless there is a charger with it.
    You made me look it up. Japan is definitely 100V though - https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html.

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

You made me look it up. Japan is definitely 100V though - https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html.
      Sorry, you're right. It's 50hz/60hz that's non standard within Japan, not the voltage.

Comment

All my guitar stuff from Japan I just picked it up while I was there. I’d have no reservations though.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I didn't think Boss Japan pedals were different themselves.

Just worried about the purchase process.

That said - fascinating issues about the power supply / wall current!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What's the concern with power? I thought you were looking at pedals, 9V is 9V unless it needs specific power. Most new pedal supplies are universal switching adapters and work on almost any voltage.

Comment

I just always assumed that even if it says free shipping, that there would be additional customs and or shipping charges tacked-on like taxes at the time of purchase.

Comment

I've bought a few guitars from Japan and never had any extra charges or customs bills (which I thought I would get eventually). Maybe it was because they were all used?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  What's the concern with power? I thought you were looking at pedals, 9V is 9V unless it needs specific power. Most new pedal supplies are universal switching adapters and work on almost any voltage.
                  Basically, if you get an adapter with a pedal, it may not work here.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I ordered a car from Japan, and I love it.

Comment

I've ordered guitars and numerous pedals from Japan. Never an issue. And they've often shipped super fast.
                      I think as a culture Japan tends to care a lot more about quality, and also keeping America happy than, say, other Asian countries might.

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just my take on it.
                      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                      X