Red RAT... If You Didn't Know Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red RAT... If You Didn't Know Already

There is yet another ProCo RAT version; the "Ikebe RAT" only found in Japan... a red RAT:

The more you know............

OOPPSS missed this post. I just mentioned the red one in your yellow Rat thread. lol They only look right in black IMHO.

Comment

Its not the outside color but what's on the inside that matters.
      All the ProCo RAT re-issues have crappy chips in them.
      If you want a decent Custom RAT with authentic NOS LM-308 type op-amps like the originals contact Pete of Pete's Pedals and put your money where it counts.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I like the various colors.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          I like the various colors.
          Ditto, I'm having to talk myself out of one -as I have 5 vintage Rats total I believe.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Its not the outside color but what's on the inside that matters.
            All the ProCo RAT re-issues have crappy chips in them.
            If you want a decent Custom RAT with authentic NOS LM-308 type op-amps like the originals contact Pete of Pete's Pedals and put your money where it counts.

https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Pedal...39987856307597
            I've swapped supposedly crappy op-amp chips in RATs for the fabled LM-308 and can't really hear any difference myself - at least nothing that a tiny tweak of the filter knob wouldn't correct.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Old news is old. Red, Yellow, and White are out there. Already making the used rounds...

But otherwise just a Rat 2
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm thinking fuschia.

As the eminent tone-ho here, a fuschia RAT would be the pinnacle of RAT TOAN.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I've swapped supposedly crappy op-amp chips in RATs for the fabled LM-308 and can't really hear any difference myself - at least nothing that a tiny tweak of the filter knob wouldn't correct.

All Rats are not created equal.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                    [All Rats are not created equal.
                    Proco has released the exact same circuit in a whole variety of different looking boxes. Not every rat isexactly the same . . . but a lot of 'em are.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Proco has released the exact same circuit in a whole variety of different looking boxes. Not every rat isexactly the same . . . but a lot of 'em are.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	c2d.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	6144813

Hey man i gave a great tip here to a Class A pedal builder where he can build you whatever you want with expertise and one of a kind NOS components. Whether people are smart enough to figure all that out is above my paygrade.
                      You have to be smarter than the pedals.
                      I honestly don't know why i even try sometimes but i guess its unrealistic to think you can connect on some level with everybody on a guitar forum.

Comment

The internet is full of BS & BSers, but there are still a few gems of truth out there.

Comment

An hour & 39 minutes yikes.

Comment

At 1:25:20 Josh discusses the opamp and then shows how similar the original LM308 chip in the RAT circuit to the OP07 chip currently being used:

Click image for larger version

Name:	34.3+Controls-All_Noon.jpg?format=1500w.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	6144834

Comment

I go by what a pedal sounds like not charts & graph printouts.
                              Call me old fashioned i guess.
                              Do people still listen to pedals or is it what color the paint is now ?

Comment

Working...
                              X