new big pedal board planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new big pedal board planning

gonna be ten pedals, eight by pp2+, one that needs to run on a battery, and one on a wall wart. im thinking fulltone soulbender 2->stomp underfoot silver foxx->boss sd1->boss oc2->duncan paladium->duncan vapor trail->duncan dark sun->duncan shape shifter->h&k rotosphere and putting a clean boost somewhere in there. the fuzz needs to go first but everything else is flexible. i own all these so dont plan on buying anything new but have plenty of other stuff layin around i could swap in. fuzz, fuzz+octave up, od, octave down, distortion, delay, delay+reverb, trem, leslie... should cover anything id ever need. the boss pedals will be in a radial bypass loop pedal since i dont love their bypass tones.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    gonna be ten pedals, eight by pp2+, one that needs to run on a battery, and one on a wall wart. im thinking fulltone soulbender 2->stomp underfoot silver foxx->boss sd1->boss oc2->duncan paladium->duncan vapor trail->duncan dark sun->duncan shape shifter->h&k rotosphere and putting a clean boost somewhere in there. the fuzz needs to go first but everything else is flexible. i own all these so dont plan on buying anything new but have plenty of other stuff layin around i could swap in. fuzz, fuzz+octave up, od, octave down, distortion, delay, delay+reverb, trem, leslie... should cover anything id ever need. the boss pedals will be in a radial bypass loop pedal since i dont love their bypass tones.
    Simulation pics or it isn't happening.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm not seeing any form of rodent...

Comment

Who are you and what did you do with Jeremy?

Comment

That’s going to be a killer super flexible board, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. When I was gigging I did try incorporating my Roto into a board and initially had a main board for the front and then a small board for the loop with just a delay, reverb and clean boost but there was just too much floor space being taken so removed the Roto and just use it at home.

Comment

Some of the isolated power supplies feature a courtesy outlet that could power a wallwart.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

That's gonna be quite the setup. I'm assuming the fuzz will run on battery? My Phase 90 is battery only and it sits first in the chain as well. I like it there and when I unplug from the board the battery is out of circuit as well. Plus, I don't have to remember to unplug a patch cable somewhere in line elsewhere.

Comment

Nice! What board are you thinking? I was shocked at how light my PT Pro was with nothing on it, then how heavy it is loaded up. Your current board is homemade with wood right?

how do you use an OC2? Is the Foxx an octave up fuzz?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

yeah, the soulbender will be on a battery. i like the way it sounds with a non-alkaline 9v better than anything else.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Who are you and what did you do with Jeremy?
                  haha i got all this crap, i might as well put it on a board. doesnt mean ill actually use it

Comment

hate not being able to edit posts with quotes...

i have three boards setup right now, all are just planks of wood. not sure what im going to do for this one but thinking of getting something a little more fancy.

the oc2 i use for solos to fatten things up and get the cool synthy quality it imparts, part of the reason i love the oc2 and dont like the oc3. the silver foxx is a foxx tone machine type thing, a fairly aggressive fuzz with octave up

and heres a pic of the pedals acebob, the pp2+ is in the basement.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      Nice! What board are you thinking? I was shocked at how light my PT Pro was with nothing on it, then how heavy it is loaded up.
                      The zipper broke on my PT Pro gigbag because the board was so heavy loaded up.

Comment

im thinking maybe the rotosphere may live off the board now that im thinking about it. and weight is one consideration, it also takes up a big chunk of real estate so would allow a smaller board.

and i dont know if i really need a rat on there. also dont own one at the moment. there is plenty of flavors of dirt on there between the bender, foxx, sd1, and paladium,

Comment

Nice layout and pedal selection!

I've been interested in the Silver Foxx for some time. I have been using a Homebrew Electronics UFO for about 10 years. That's also a Foxx Tone Machine clone. Still haven't found another fuzz that I like better.

Comment

Interesting. What tunes might you play with this???
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

The zipper broke on my PT Pro gigbag because the board was so heavy loaded up.
                              That's what she said...
                              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                              X