banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating coils, with magnets, copper wire and different elemental metal cores.?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating coils, with magnets, copper wire and different elemental metal cores.?!

Well,

I have gotten hold of 6 various metal cylinders; of the same size. They are; Iron/Steel, Zinc; Brass; Copper, Lead and Aluminum. Also, tomorrow I'm getting some 0,7mm insulated copper wire (for coils, thinnest one they got), and some very strong, small neo magnets.

Going to try, to make some various coils/transformers; for use in passive guitar - pedal- amp use. .

First time, I connected it Lead-copper-brass-zinc-iron, and spun a 1,5meter guitar cable around it. The effect between my chorus and OD pedal was great; some wierd chorus/out of phase effect. When I then took it apart; the area where the lead and copper cores connected, had changed. The copper was black like lead, and the lead was shiny- like the iron or zinc! :o. Whoa.

Any good... ideas or inspiration?!

Gonna "go crazy" tomorrow I think (or when I got the time). Not wanting to inflict, i.e. burn marks on sensitive auras, or kill the cat. Or anything. Just to experiment, how I can get a nice, effective and passive effect for my guitar/bass playing.

-Erlend ♪
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

You had galvanic corrosion. Dissimilar matels in contact will cause that.

Comment

Working...
    X