banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster....

To you, if you own ( the original ) one , where does it sound best ? .

Does it have a buffer or a a bypass circuit ?

I had many boosters and to me, it's the greatest booster ever created !

Mine is always first, so I can utilize the Resonance feature with my single coils. I will note that I am not a big pedal user, so most of the time if being used, it will be the only pedal in front of my amp. I definitely use it to get a little "more" when needed.

It is true bypass.

I love mine, but temper that with I have not utilized a lot of other Boosts.

If you found yours used, without the manual, the manual is available here. It is text and over a few posts.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
      Mine is always first, so I can utilize the Resonance feature with my single coils. I will note that I am not a big pedal user, so most of the time if being used, it will be the only pedal in front of my amp. I definitely use it to get a little "more" when needed.

It is true bypass.

I love mine, but temper that with I have not utilized a lot of other Boosts.

If you found yours used, without the manual, the manual is available here. It is text and over a few posts.

I also use mine first in line so the resonance switch will work, though I don't use it a ton because I typically want some sort of colored boost.

The tone feels quite thick, but that's because it doesn't have a built-in bass cut like a Tube Screamer or similar.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I've had my SD PB since the early 2000's, I have at the beginning of my pedalboard and the other in the effects loop of an old Digitech RP-1 to add girth to my solo boost on Digitech 2112 SGS.

Comment

I use mine with my Strat, and it is always first in the chain. The Resonance switch is really useful, and not a gimmick, which I thought at first.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I use mine with my Strat, and it is always first in the chain. The Resonance switch is really useful, and not a gimmick, which I thought at first.
            You can use the resonance switch to add more top end to any pickup that needs more top end ( cough ... cough, Dimarzio's ), with out going to an Eq or Sonic Maximizer.

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post

You can use the resonance switch to add more top end to any pickup that needs more top end ( cough ... cough, Dimarzio's ), with out going to an Eq or Sonic Maximizer.
              My understanding (and what I hear) is that the resonance switch shifts your pickup's resonance peak downward. The '0' position is flat, while '1' offers some low-end boost, and '2' offers a lot of low-end boost. I used to use mine to thicken solo tones before I discovered the Wampler Tumnus; these days it lives in my spare pedal drawer.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yeah, it shifts the resonant peak lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Yeah, it shifts the resonant peak lower.
                  I have mine as the first thing I plug into on my Pedalboard and I have another one in the effects loop of one of effects loop with a Arion Hot Watt 2.

You can put the SD PB on different parts of the pedalboard and it impacts the tone differently, in a good way.

Comment

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It really is a great all around pedal, especially if you hate switching guitars (like me).

Comment

Working...
                    X