No announcement yet.

NPD - Boss WL-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer concept, but if ya had a rack rig, you wouldn't even need this.

Comment

I don't think a rack changes the need for wireless between the player/guitar and the rest of the equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        I don't think a rack changes the need for wireless between the player/guitar and the rest of the equipment.
        It does when the wireless mentioned in the post is designed to be used for a pedalboard.

You know, so your pedalboard doesn't need cables?
        Last edited by LLL; 06-19-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'd rather run a cable direct to my amp than use a rack rig
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
            I'd rather run a cable direct to my amp than use a rack rig
            That's what I do. Guitar > Transmitter > Receiver > Pedalboard > Cable > Amp
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

When I use a wireless, I have the receiver on my pedalboard. No different than having a rack wireless with rack gear and a midi control foot switch out front. The only difference is the form factor.

I currently have a Line 6 G50. It works great. The cable length setting is nice to simulate a short to long cable. I have it set to 10-15 feet. It’s been really reliable.

Comment

Will it work with bass well, ie no low end loss?

Comment

I’ve used the G50 with my bass rig and didn’t notice any low end loss. It’s digital, as are the Boss units, so their frequency range is really wide.
                  Last edited by ErikH; 07-06-2022, 05:17 AM.

Comment

My WL-20's receiver is connected to my pedalboard, too. I suppose I could use it from the pedalboard to the amp as well.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      My WL-20's receiver is connected to my pedalboard, too. I suppose I could use it from the pedalboard to the amp as well.
                      I do that at home a lot
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I tell you what, this setup has worked great. 2 big outdoor gigs this weekend and it was flawless
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Just to follow up I did 2 shows weekend before last 90 mins Friday and about 2 full hours on Saturday with nothing but onboard charging, it worked perfectly.

This past weekend I sat in with my friend's band over 3 sets, all guitars and lead vox have wireless and there were 2 sets of in-ears running again it worked great.

I will say this WL-50 has passed with flying colors.

The only thing I would change about it is how far the transmitter sticks out. It hasn't caused any issues at all but I feel like I'll snap it right off some day, I am kind of dangerous to gear like that lol
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Here's something to watch out for to avoid showing up with a dead battery.

When the transmitter is fully docked, it presses the same button that turns the device on when in your guitar. If your pedal is not plugged in A/C power, the transmitter will drain (even in standby).

There's a trick which overcomes this. Instead of pushing the transmitter all the way in, push it part way until it clicks into a detent. Seems to hold it in place without turning it on. Not sure if Boss intentionally designed for this, but it works.

​​​​​​

Comment

A nice design feature is the 1/4 socket for bypass.

If something happens, you can plug in a guitar cable into the wl-50, and you're back in business without messing with any patch cables on your board.

Seems like nothing, but very useful especially when seconds matter.

Comment

Originally posted by quadquadquadquad View Post
                                A nice design feature is the 1/4 socket for bypass.

If something happens, you can plug in a guitar cable into the wl-50, and you're back in business without messing with any patch cables on your board.

Seems like nothing, but very useful especially when seconds matter.
                                That is actually a really good idea! I have the WL-20, and just keep a cable on the ground next to my pedalboard in case something weird happens. So far, I've been lucky.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X