Way Huge appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Huge appreciation thread

Yesterday I watched a video where Pete Thorn was dialing in a SLO-100 with Rhett Shull, and it convinced me to try dialing my tone in a little better. I needed more presence for sure, and I needed more gain, probably less bass. So I tweaked a little bit to really dial in a nice clean tone on my Origin 50, then I brought the output up a bit on my Wampler Plexi Drive, the gain down, and kicked on my Way Huge Green Rhino.

It was the best tone I've ever had. Truly glorious. That pairing just roars and cleans up unbelievably even with a ton of gain. I don't think Way Huge gets enough mention for how great their pedals are. Now I'm GASing for a Conspiracy Theory and possibly an Aqua Puss.

It's peddedled on Joe Bonamassa chinese junk site -Hard Pass
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ive looked inside a Way Huge pedal circuit -nothing different or special from other good drives from what I saw... but they make some very good pedals....

however, I contend people think they are even more special than other great pedals because of their emotional attachment to a brand that describes their tone in the name "Way Huge"

just like brands with "tone" in their name.

I'd like to see a double blind comparison and let people choose.

Either Way Huge has some good stuff! Glad you found your sound!
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

i have a green rhino and camel toe, both are great pedals. theres lots of great toys out there

Comment

I had listened to all the this-is-how-you-dial-in-a-tubescreamer honks with level all the way up, but dialing with my ears--a little bit of gain, quite a bit less output--gave me the most massive guitar sound I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
            I had listened to all the this-is-how-you-dial-in-a-tubescreamer honks with level all the way up, but dialing with my ears--a little bit of gain, quite a bit less output--gave me the most massive guitar sound I've ever had.
            Can you tell us your pickups (Bucker?), full pedal chain order (It is just the Wampler and Way Huge and which is first?) and Origin amp and their settings?

That would help visualize your winnings!

Comment

Sure. It's a WLH set in my Les Paul going into the Green Rhino with volume about 2:00, drive at 8:00, tone cut a little bit at about 10:00, which is boosting the Wampler. The Wampler has bass and mid boost off, gain 1:00, volume 11:00, and tone at noon. The amp is dialed in for a loud, just breaking up with guitar volume dimed tone. To get that, I have presence, master, bass, tilt, and gain at noon, mids boosted to about 7, and treble cut back to about 2. It's a very, very bright amp, but I think that's a given when you see "Marshall" on the faceplate.

I can basically get three channels out of it with this setup. Clean with no pedals, crunch with the Wampler, and lead with Rhino boosting both. I'm new to this gain-from-pedals setup, so the versatility of such a simple configuration is still very cool to me.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                Sure. It's a WLH set in my Les Paul going into the Green Rhino with volume about 2:00, drive at 8:00, tone cut a little bit at about 10:00, which is boosting the Wampler. The Wampler has bass and mid boost off, gain 1:00, volume 11:00, and tone at noon. The amp is dialed in for a loud, just breaking up with guitar volume dimed tone. To get that, I have presence, master, bass, tilt, and gain at noon, mids boosted to about 7, and treble cut back to about 2. It's a very, very bright amp, but I think that's a given when you see "Marshall" on the faceplate.

I can basically get three channels out of it with this setup. Clean with no pedals, crunch with the Wampler, and lead with Rhino boosting both. I'm new to this gain-from-pedals setup, so the versatility of such a simple configuration is still very cool to me.
                Sounds sweeeet I bet.

Comment

Working...
                X