Jhs at+ not enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jhs at+ not enough...

I just got around to trying the jhs AT+ and it's more of an overdrive pedal than a distortion pedal. It's got a good tone but I have enough overdrive pedals so I think I'm going to send it back for a refund.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

i mean, its not supposed to have a ton of gain right?

Comment

Sounds like you might have been happier with the Angry Charlie v3.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        Sounds like you might have been happier with the Angry Charlie v3.
        Thinking the same when I read his post BUT Well, in Mike's defense -the promo material for JHS says it gets from High Gain Blues to "Thunderous distortion"... so I can see where it might be disappointing him
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Thinking the same when I read his post BUT Well, in Mike's defense -the promo material for JHS says it gets from High Gain Blues to "Thunderous distortion"... so I can see where it might be disappointing him
          That is exactly what I was going off of, it is labeled as an overdrive/distortion pedal. I mean it sounded great but that's too much for another overdrive pedal.
          It's funny how some stories became historic,
          especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

That is exactly what I was going off of, it is labeled as an overdrive/distortion pedal. I mean it sounded great but that's too much for another overdrive pedal.
            If you're a fan of hot-rodded Marshall tones, give a Friedman BE-OD (or Deluxe version) a spin in front of a cooking (not cranked) tube amp.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

If you're a fan of hot-rodded Marshall tones, give a Friedman BE-OD (or Deluxe version) a spin in front of a cooking (not cranked) tube amp.
              I tried one the other day infront of a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb Blond, the one with the Celestion Neo Speaker and an EVH Wolfgang Special. OMG that was high gain heaven.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post

I tried one the other day infront of a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb Blond, the one with the Celestion Neo Speaker and an EVH Wolfgang Special. OMG that was high gain heaven.

Comment

Working...
                X