No announcement yet.

New POD Go day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D should be some sort of modulation sound.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      D should be some sort of modulation sound.
      With two guitars, I use a lot less chorus than you'd think.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

With two guitars, I use a lot less chorus than you'd think.
        Try something like phaser or flanger. Or some kind of weird slicer thing.

Comment

Wah!

You know, you won’t use it much but when you do…

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
            Wah!

You know, you won’t use it much but when you do…
            One of like 7 Was is ALWAHS available! Free....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

One of like 7 Was is ALWAHS available! Free....
              ALWAHS? NEVAH OFF?

Comment

Off - but available. No need to program it in.

Comment

So I took it to rehearsal last night. A few thoughts

#1 Easy enough to go straight into an amp head clean channel and sound good! Amp out bypasses cab models.
                  #2 The basic Stomp mode really worked well! Went back & forth between Soldano and JCM800 models with delay, reverb and chorus generally available.
                  #3 So many ways I COULD do a lead boost; Volume pedal with floor/full setting, master volume on a switch, post amp boost, but I think I'll just use a graphic EQ at the end of the chain. Add a few DB's, maybe punch a little mids.

For a few more exotic settings I'll make unique patches, but I only need four or five of those. Really really like the way this thing is laid out!

Comment

Line 6's compressors work well for a boost, too. That's what I wind up using.

Comment

My preferred style of lead boost is usually just "more loud"

I have used clean boost pedals, EQ's, Compressors, 2nd channel buttons, you name it. I'm generally using hopped up pickups, so I don't need/want anymore compression.

Comment

I don't know if the Pod Go is like the HX Effects, but you can assign more that effect on/off to a switch in pedal mode. This is how I switch from the built-in BDDI to my external bass preamp in the effect loop. So if you stay with the same amp, it might be easier to have 6 on/off switches in on preset, pressing a "boost switch" can also enable the delay for example.

Comment

In my Spidervalve, I have both the "Line 6 Compressor" and the "Vetta Juice". The Juice has a nice effect in a lead boost. Almost like an Aural Exciter in the mids while keeping the top and bottom solid, but clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

In my Spidervalve, I have both the "Line 6 Compressor" and the "Vetta Juice". The Juice has a nice effect in a lead boost. Almost like an Aural Exciter in the mids while keeping the top and bottom solid, but clean.
                            Agreed. I use the Vetta Juice a bunch. The new Helix-era compressors are fantastic, too.

Comment

Working...
                            X