Each State’s Favorite Pedal Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each State’s Favorite Pedal Company

This is a fun read. I was not surprised by Source Audio being popular in NH, seeing they are down the street in MA. I wonder how much regional music styles play into the list.

By analyzing Google search data, Pedal Haven uncovered each state’s most popular guitar pedal company.

First, we compiled an extensive list of guitar pedal companies, both big and small. To formulate this list, we gathered pedal companies from our “Most Popular Pedals of 2021” and our “Most Popular Pedals of 2020” studies, Reverb.com’s best-selling pedals lists, and a number of suggestions from friends (shoutout to Ryan @GearFever and Matt @GuitarsForIdiots). Then we gathered state-level search volumes for each of the pedal companies. Finally, we were able to analyze the data to uncover each state’s overall most-searched pedal company and each state’s most uniquely popular* pedal brand.

*Uniquely Popular meaning the company is searched more, on average, in that specific state than it is in the rest of the U.S.

http://www.pedalhaven.com/each-state...pedal-company/

Last edited by Securb; 11-29-2022, 06:39 AM.

JHS employees searching themselves,.. lol
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Very interesting!

The most surprising thing for me is how mainstream Strymon is now, and the lack of BOSS.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I would like to see this map based on pedal type. You know there are a lot of delays and reverbs being searched in the bible belt.

Comment

the lack of boss is surprising

Comment

It's searched for. Everybody already has their BOSS on, no need to search.

Comment

I live in Texas and have never searched for Bondi Effects Pedals...never even heard of them! Granted, Texas is a huge state with a couple of cities with a huge music scene....still would have expected something like the Keeley (Compressors) or Boss.

Comment

What a bizarre use of data mining.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's also a long way from showing each State's favourite pedal.
                  All that shows is the number of search hits.

Eg. I've searched for any number of gear manufacturers... doesn't mean I 'd actually buy any of their gear.

Comment

Pity that only the Oklahomans seem to have heard of Keeley.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      Pity that only the Oklahomans seem to have heard of Keeley.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                      Thats not how the data reads really.. Keeley could 100s of times more popular in other states, this data shows which brand is searched more often than average per state, and if this is calculated by % and not actual searches it means some Oklahoman with a boner for Keeley could have single handely skewed the data % wise with some late nights of GASing..
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Hmm. Meris, Strymon, Universal Audio, Walrus Audio, Empress Effects . . . I'm seeing a lot of companies with great sounding but confusing assed/complicated pedals. I bet a lot of these searches are for the manuals. :P
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Caroline Guitar company for Georgia is just strange - I would think it would be Acorn (Maybe Greer) -being Acorn is likely the most popular pedal company and most different from other states.

Comment

This is definitely a weird little map they have compiled there, not sure how accurate it is, but definitely a fun read.
                            It's funny how some stories became historic,
                            especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                            But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X