Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite wah pedal

And why?

535Q - Because with a little tweaking it has always been able to make the wah sound I'm looking for . . . even though over time the wah sound I'm looking for has changed.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      535Q - Because with a little tweaking it has always been able to make the wah sound I'm looking for . . . even though over time the wah sound I'm looking for has changed.
      I probably shouldn't have sold mine. At the time I was frustrated because it didn't do a particularly good Clyde sound, but these days I have both a Wilson Signature and a Teese Picture Wah for those sounds. I don't think I'd use it often, but I sometimes find myself missing the more cutting tone of the 535Q into a high gain amp or pedal.

Getting back to the original question, I think my favorite wah overall is the Wilson and that's what I have on my main board. Its basic tone is very similar to the Teese, but it has four trim pots for tailoring the response of the wah as well as the overall volume.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have been a Morley man for 40 years. I like the longer sweep of the Morley and find the pedal to be more vocal than a Crybaby. However, I am now using the H9 Q-WAH as my wah, I can adjust the sweep any way I want, the timber and tone are also adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I have been a Morley man for 40 years. I like the longer sweep of the Morley and find the pedal to be more vocal than a Crybaby. However, I am now using the H9 Q-WAH as my wah, I can adjust the sweep any way I want, the timber and tone are also adjustable.
          I definitely like a longer sweep.

I was just looking at that pedal that's on the D'addario silent auction that Seymour posted thin morning.

Comment

I have a Fulltone Clyde. Never needed anything else after that. I am considering looking for a CryBaby mini for the pedal board these days.

Comment

Hardly ever use a Wah but my favorite is the AMT WH-1 (aka Japanese Girl Wah.) It had a cool toggle switch for 3 different voicings that could get you a vintage and modern style Wah tone. Also was very small so it fit nicely on my pedalboard.

Comment

Currently, I am using a Cry Baby Jr...not as small as the mini, and not as big as the regular one. It has several small pots to tweak the sound, and a cool LED on the heel side of the pedal to tell it is on.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  a cool LED on the heel side of the pedal to tell it is on.
                  You can't tell if your wah is on? Come on man.

Comment

The Jerry Cantrell JC-95 did it for me. I had an old GCB-95 for years. Finally got it dialed in with an Area 51 conductor and other mods. Sold it when I sold everything but my amp and a few guitars. I got the JC-95 out of necessity and figured if I was getting another one, I'm getting the right one.

Comment

Teese RMC3. It can sound like ANY crybaby based wah. It has 9 dip switches and a fine tune to get any sweep cap value (unlike the two 535 settings that sound good with guitar there are all ranges to tweak), a Q control and pots for three of the resistors in the circuit that kind of equate to bass, mids and output volume. Basically all the common mods on a crybaby are built in a variable. And of course a fuzz friendly buffer to drive fuzzes or other impedance sensitive devices.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You can't tell if your wah is on? Come on man.

Not if I start the song with it.

Comment

My favorite of all time is my Thomas Organ Co Stereo Volume/Wah/Fuzz. Just pure awesome tones and vintage goodness.

My general favorite is the Ibanez Weeping Demon. Totally tweak able! Too hard to get these days.

My current workhorse is a Morley Liberty Wah - step and go. No clicks switching or any of that. It just works!

I really like the 535Q, even though I do not own one.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I do like the sound of a vintage ParaPedal, although it sounds vastly different than typical wahs (much bigger sweep). It is the sound that Tony Iommi had in the early 80s. They fetch high prices, and even modern clones are expensive.

Comment

1st last and only for me. PT sold me on this one and I've no regrets.

Comment

Working...
                              X