Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best flanger and why

??

I don't think there is a "best". They all have different flavors. I would say the most famous are the ADA, MXR M117, and the BOSS BF2. I have an old MIJ black-label BF-2 I use a lot. It is very versatile. I also use a Moog Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux, which is the best flanger I have ever owned. I got the MOOG after getting frustrated with the MXR M117. The MXR has a volume drop when engaged, the MOOG has a knob for variable output level.

Like any piece of gear, it depends on what you are looking for sound wise and your budget.

Comment

Moog has some sweet pedals but I just cant justify the price.

Comment

The EHX electric mistress is a very interesting beast…

Comment

Originally posted by Flores_68 View Post
          The EHX electric mistress is a very interesting beast…
          I am not a big EHX guy but I do like that box a lot.

Comment

I like the Electric Mistress. Not the best built pedals, but they sound great at what they do . . . everything from light chorus to heavy whooshing flangey feedback. I find it easy to get Police-y or Gilmore-y sounds which are most of what I use a flanger for.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The MXR 117 (or EVH 117) and the Deluxe Electric Mistress are my favorites. The MXR is slightly better imo.

Comment

I think the classic ones are the MXR, Electric Mistress, Boss and ADA. You can get an MXR used at a decent price and the Mooer E-Lady is a reproduction of the Electric Mistress.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

MXR Micro Flange

Comment

Ibanez had a killer flanger back in the day. Paul Gilbert's Airplane Flanger was based off it. I'm partial to the Boss BF-2 and MXR, of which I have owned both at different times.

Comment

Here you guys go from ChatGPT

There are several flanger effect pedals on the market that are well-suited for guitar, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Here are a few examples of popular flanger pedals that are highly rated among guitarists:
                      1. Boss BF-3: The Boss BF-3 is a versatile flanger pedal that offers a wide range of flanging sounds, from classic analog-style to more modern, complex textures. It features a two-dimensional control knob that allows you to adjust the depth and rate of the flange effect
                      2. MXR M117R Flanger: The MXR M117R Flanger is a classic pedal that offers a wide range of flange sounds, from classic Jet flange to more modern, complex textures. It has a simple controls that make it easy to dial in the perfect sound, and it's known for its high-quality sound.
                      3. Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress: The Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress is a classic flanger pedal that offers a wide range of flange sounds, from classic Jet flange to more modern, complex textures. It is known for its warm, analog-like sound and its easy-to-use controls.
                      4. Strymon Timeline: The Strymon Timeline is a digital flanger pedal that offers a wide range of flange sounds, from classic Jet flange to more modern, complex textures. It features advanced controls that allow you to shape the sound in many different ways and it's known for its high-quality sound and versatility.
                      5. Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl: The Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl is a versatile flanger pedal that offers a wide range of flange sounds, from classic Jet flange to more modern, complex textures. It features advanced controls that allow you to shape the sound in many different ways, and it's known for its warm, analog-like sound and its easy-to-use controls.

Please note that these are just a few examples, and there are many other flanger pedals available on the market. The most important thing is to do your research, and try out different pedals to find the one that works best for you and your style.

Comment

And another example of how it’s just wrong.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm not too big on flangers anyways so for me that micro is perfect, and it also lends a boost instead of a drop when engaged.

Comment

MXR EVH. Why? Because you can get the EVH flange sound with the push of a button, and to me that's the perfect flange sound.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              I'm not too big on flangers anyways so for me that micro is perfect, and it also lends a boost instead of a drop when engaged.
                              If you are talking about the MXR Micro vs the MXR M11I totally agree. I have had both and prefer the micro because it doesn't have that drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X