What's the best flanger and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I think the 4 button presets would work well. Chorus-y subtle flange, chorus-y heavier flange, crazy feedback-y whoosh, leslieish warble. Boom.

Maybe the 4 buttons and a speed knob.
    I like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I think the 4 button presets would work well. Chorus-y subtle flange, chorus-y heavier flange, crazy feedback-y whoosh, leslieish warble. Boom.

Maybe the 4 buttons and a speed knob.
      Or put it in a wah enclosure where the foot pedal controls speed and its got 4 buttons on the front.

there would be a deluxe model with a switch that let's you use it like a wah where the footposition controls where in the waveform the flange currently is.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

My favorites are the 1970'S MXR Flanger, my Digitech RP-1's copy of the MXR Flanger and my late 1970's EHX Electric Mistress Flanger Deluxe.

Some times, inexpensive gear can sound better or have a uniqueness that the higher priced pedals and gear lack.

Comment

Boss HF-2!

It's probably bit thin on cleans (I prefer Electric Mistress for that), but has perfect amount of bite and sharpness for the effect without messing up the harder guitar tones or grunt.

MXR EVH for instance completely takes over your guitar tone. It's too thick and overpowering for me, With HF-2 the flanger kind of hangs over your tone and bleeds into it, without drowning it completely.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I love my MXR micro. Sounds great and super simple.

Comment

Working...
            X