Looking for an acoustic sim pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an acoustic sim pedal

I have a couple of songs that begin with an acoustic intro and then segue into clean electric, and slightly overdriven for the solo. I’m looking for a good acoustic simulator pedal that I can use on my pedalboard - before the amp.
    Most of the acoustic sim pedals I researched are designed to go directly into a separate interface or mixer. I just want to go from acoustic to electric clean without an awkward stoppage while transitioning.
    So far it’s seems like the Boss AC-3 is the only one that is set up to be used this way. Is that my only choice?
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

The Digitech Eric Clapton Crossroads pedal has an acoustic setting that works surprisingly well. Have to find it used.

Comment

Most acoustic sim pedals are pretty bad at doing the job. Better is an impulse loader pedal, where you can load an impulse response of an actual acoustic.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Most acoustic sim pedals are pretty bad at doing the job.
        I have yet to find one I like. I think the most cost-effective way to get a great acoustic sound would be a Fishman bridge. I have two they both sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          The Digitech Eric Clapton Crossroads pedal has an acoustic setting that works surprisingly well. Have to find it used.
          Whoa! That was a deep but excellent reference. A few other cool sounds on there too!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

First...how "acoustic" does it really need to be?

Comment

I haven't had an AC3, but the Boss AC-2 was an awful pedal. Didn't sound remotely like an acoustic guitar no matter what you did to it. I couldn't get rid of that pedal fast enough . . . and generally I'm a pretty big fan of Boss/Roland stuff.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have yet to find one I like. I think the most cost-effective way to get a great acoustic sound would be a Fishman bridge. I have two they both sound great.
                I have an RMC bridge, which needs a little processing (compression & reverb) to sound the best.

Comment

I have an RMC bridge, which needs a little processing (compression & reverb) to sound the best.
                  My older Fishman in my Parker benefits from a little reverb. It is a 1990's bridge. The Fishman Powerbridge I bought around 2008 sounds amazing and much more realistic. Don't get me wrong, the Parker sounds great but like I said the Powerbridge is impressive.

Comment

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone that was raving about the older-style acoustic pedals. They are always 'its ok, I guess'.

A Line 6 Variax guitar has exceptional acoustic sounds if you are dedicated to a combination of electric and acoustic sounds.

Comment

A Line 6 Variax guitar has exceptional acoustic sounds if you are dedicated to a combination of electric and acoustic sounds.
                      Those fender acoustisonic guitars seemed to do a decent switch between both sounds too.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Those fender acoustisonic guitars seemed to do a decent switch between both sounds too.
                        Similar technology, but the Fenders can't do the altered tunings, and are more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Whoa! That was a deep but excellent reference. A few other cool sounds on there too!
                          I bought mine off this forum. It's much maligned on the internet, but the guys that beat on it...
                          1. decided it was bad before they plugged in and worked with it
                          2. used gear and settings that wouldn't work well with the pedal, like already having a crunchy gain sound through a PRS and Mesa and complaining everything sounds the same, or expecting the pedal to suddenly give an acoustic sound under an amp with gain on it.
                          I got it as a backup since it has a couple Marshal in a box flavors, a Leslie and an acoustic in it. Fair enough that I could work with it if my main rig or pedalboard had a sudden gig seizure.

The acoustic sound demos are usually about 2/3 through, because it's setting 6 out of 7. The last two videos here I found interesting. They went in a totally different direction with it. The last guy was Djenting away with it pretty well.

Got a little off topic, but if it helps.

Comment

I played one way back when they came out...maybe through a Crate solid state? Peavey? Something solid state and generic clean sound. Really liked it.

For the record, I get the best Acoustic tones out of my Roland Cube 30 using a Les Paul with a bridge Super Distortion and a PAF neck with both on, blended

Comment

One of my better acoustic sounds I got was with a Wampler ThirtySomething using a stock 498/490 Les Paul in the middle position, either direct via a DI box, or into a very clean full range amp or monitor system.

Comment

Working...
                              X