Island of Misfit Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

What the hell would Damian do with them? My Grandson?Too soon to tell.
    Too soon indeed. But you never know.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool idea! Weird pedals are fun. You don't have to use them all the time, but just having them available every once in a while can be very inspiring.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

That's a cylindrical diffuser that defeats standing waves down to 10hz. Very necessary with all that Fender/Ampeg stuff.
        It's a Hemholtz system -look at the little holes everywhere.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

What the hell would Damian do with them? My Grandson?Too soon to tell.
          Start brainwashing him now!

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I started setting up my music room. I can't believe the iStomp software still works, and I packed the weird one-off cable with the stomp. After auditioning what is available still on my iPad, I am going with the Red Coral for now.

Comment

I got the OneSpot and some more patch cables today. I am just waiting on the board and the multi plug for the OneSpot.

This is what I have mapped out so far for my misfit board.

Comment

You're making me want to dig out all my pedals I haven't seen for 6 months and start making back up boards. At least GAS is not required to accomplish the task. It's kind of nice when you can go shopping in your own closet.

Comment

Is that the "odd men out" collection?

Yeah - make them into a board. Who knows what wacky mood will strike and something neat come out

Honestly, while "not used often out". I see dirt, a little swirl, and some wah.

Put all the boosts up front, set different, then lower to higher gain, and the Ring/Phase/Trem/Vibe

I could imagine a dozen neat easy sounds without trying.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Also - that iStomp won't work forever! I'd figure out a way to keep it going....if that's possible.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Also - that iStomp won't work forever! I'd figure out a way to keep it going....if that's possible.
                      The iStomp has been in a box for 4 years when I pulled it out it still had the DOD 250 setting on it. So at some point I figure whatever I have on it I will have to live with but right now the application is still on my iPad and available on the Apple store. Right now it is a detune pedal that fattens the tone.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Is that the "odd men out" collection?

Yeah - make them into a board. Who knows what wacky mood will strike and something neat come out

Honestly, while "not used often out". I see dirt, a little swirl, and some wah.

Put all the boosts up front, set different, then lower to higher gain, and the Ring/Phase/Trem/Vibe

I could imagine a dozen neat easy sounds without trying.
                      Yep, this is my odd man out board. I want to put an ABY on the two boards and run into CH 1 and CH 2 of the Fender or run both the Randell and the Fender as the mood strikes. As far as the signal path goes.

TWA Triskelion Harmonic Energizer>ROSS Distortion>MXR Blue Box> iSomp (Red Coral)> Ventilator (Leslie Sim)> MF Trem>MF Ring Mod>Digi EX7 (Whammy, Space Staion XP300, ADA Flanger)

Comment

In a world of boutiques Univibes, the old school chrome Dunlop is quite good, IMO.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          In a world of boutiques Univibes, the old school chrome Dunlop is quite good, IMO.
                          I love that pedal but the MOOG is a bit more flexible with the color and shape of the signal. I also love that the MOOG has input for an EXP pedal.

Comment

I've recently gone in the opposite direction. One box into my Randall and the amp's footswitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              I've recently gone in the opposite direction. One box into my Randall and the amp's footswitch.

I was thinking about you when I was setting up the board. There is a DF7 Distortion Factory built into the EX7 so I am going to play around with the Metal Zone when I get it set up.

Comment

I was thinking about you when I was setting up the board. There is a DF7 Distortion Factory built into the EX7 so I am going to play around with the Metal Zone when I get it set up.
                                Just to be clear, the top board in the pic isn't in use.

Comment

Working...
                                X