banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source Audio Nemesis NPD - Very impressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Audio Nemesis NPD - Very impressed!

Recently picked up a Nemesis new for 25% off. I can’t claim to have run it all the way through its paces, but it was kind of an impulse buy. Delay is the most critical effect in my setup so I’m very particular, and, as such, usually only purchase “specialty” delay pedals that I like the specific voicing of. My thought with the Nemesis was that I could use it to fill in for delay effects I don’t use enough to justify buying a standalone pedal, like analog for example.

Anyways, I set up a chain including several of my favorite delays to try and ‘dial it in’ - Free The Tone Future Factory, Eventide Rose and T-Rex Replica - and was incredibly impressed with how well a warm rack-style digital delay, my preferred tone, could be dialed in on the Nemesis. Is it as good or better than the others mentioned? Well, I wouldn’t say better, but as good? I wouldn’t quickly rule it out. And we are talking the crème-de-la-crème of delays vs a multi-algorithm unit. The diffuse setting also seems very interesting and I really, really enjoyed the Tape setting with it set very clean and bright. Is it close to a real tape delay? Can’t say, tape delays are not really my thing, but it sure sounded great and that is more important to me.

tl:dr - the Nemesis has made a profound impression on this very particular delay user, and, if I had bought it earlier, I could have seen myself saving a lot of money and being satisfied with the unit.

Addendum: I also typically avoid digital-only, no analog dry-through pedals, but I noticed no apparent sound degradation with this in the chain. Definitely going to check out some more Source Audio effects soon.
    "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948
Working...
X