banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pedals do you own and how much do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    too many pedals are too much choice, too much logstics, too much money, and too much distraction from writing and playing the actual music
    I totally agree with this, unless you are The Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

I totally agree with this, unless you are The Edge.
      Gilmour seems to do OK with his pedals too. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Gilmour seems to do OK with his pedals too. :P
        It always happens,.... you work so hard to create a real glassed up sonic tone with pedals, tubes, speakers and such, and then some incredible player plays straight into an amp dry with maybe a touch of verb and you have to question yourself about why you putting yourself through this search and agony
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Maybe 60 pedals.. but most are only brought out for specific recordng purposes - but I only use 4 these days for playing and gigging for that exact reason, too many pedals are too much choice, too much logstics, too much money, and too much distraction from writing and playing the actual music
          Well, making weird noises while having fun with pedals is making actual music, LOL. It's all about having fun, and I'm not even one of those shoegaze or whatever hipsters. It's not like you can't have fun because you have to turn in a minimum of X song ideas every X days either. At least not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            Well, making weird noises while having fun with pedals is making actual music, LOL. It's all about having fun, and I'm not even one of those shoegaze or whatever hipsters. It's not like you can't have fun because you have to turn in a minimum of X song ideas every X days either. At least not me.
            Yeah, I dont disagree -but I think for writing in a band context with structure I like it more simple. I have toured in a free form band and everything was on the table noise wise -especially sound effects being the actual music
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

EHX Allied Overdrive- very nice tubescreamer-ish thing, with blend and EQ
              EHX Octavix - nasty octave fuzz, great for bass with a high cut
              TC Electronics chorus, cheap pedal but does the job

-E ♪
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

It always happens,.... you work so hard to create a real glassed up sonic tone with pedals, tubes, speakers and such, and then some incredible player plays straight into an amp dry with maybe a touch of verb and you have to question yourself about why you putting yourself through this search and agony
                I think it depends on the kind of music, though. Fripp and Belew get around that by using lots of effects and having styles that no one really copies. I think if you are playing a style that is really popular, and people do that really well with no pedals, you gotta look at how creative your playing is (the actual notes).
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

about 80, I am a pedalholic.
                  that's my hobby, I buy them second hand, try them and then sell. my pedal board is ever changing, at the moment my main board, the one I carry around when I play, has (in order from the guitar):
                  modified boss ce3
                  voodoo lab Microvibe
                  Vox wah
                  trex dual drive
                  modified proco Turbo Rat
                  tc electronic sub n up
                  dod rubber neck delay
                  tc electronic hall of fame reverb
                  tc electronic ditto x2
                  tc electronic polytune

in to a modified Princeton reverb 12"

Comment

Most of my pedals are pretty boring, TBH.

Since it's not an extensive list as some of you guys' 80, I figured I'd list them:

Line 6 HX Stomp
                    Ibanez TS808
                    MXR Wylde Overdrive
                    MXR Classic Overdrive
                    TC Electronic Polytune 3
                    TC Electronic Spark
                    TC Electronic Sentry
                    TC Electronic Zeus
                    TC Electronic El Mocambo
                    TC Electronic Eyemaster
                    J. Rockett Archer
                    Boss TU-3 (getting rid of it tomorrow)
                    ISP Decimator
                    Planet Waves Tru Strobe

So... yeah, LOL. You can kinda see a trend there. I like being in tune. I like not feeding back like crazy. I like boosting my amps. That's pretty much it, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X