Eventide H90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventide H90

Does anyone own an Eventide H90 or the older H9? I'm interested in your impressions, even if you've only demo'ed one. My physical limitations make a pedal board useless and the ability to chain multiple effects and one touch to another patch is very cool in my situation. I love all the YouTube demo vids and I'm looking forward to one showing up at my door in the next few days. Eventide has always been the **** but $899 retail isn't everyones cup of tea. Good thing that I drink coffee.

Discuss...
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Bruce has been using one for a while, he should jump in here at some point.

Comment

Prepare for a reading from the Gospel according to Bruce.

Comment

There is a handfull of us that have been using both the H9 and the H90 and I have not seen any regrets or complaints. The iPad control is awesome for both units. I keep my iPad on the mic stand controlling the H9. The H90 is set for different songs in our set. I use the H90 a bit more because of the ability to have two effects at the same time. The H9 and H90 have the same algorithms with the H90 having more memory and flexibility for expansion. The H90 physical interface was designed for performance in mind and makes banking with your feet a lot easier. I also control my H9 at times with the Android app when I do not want to drag my iPad with me. I have essentially moved all of my delay and modulation effects off my board at this point.

Comment

Here is a thread where we are discussing the H90

I figure this pedal needs its own thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFo-ChPRASI&ab_channel=EventideAudio https://youtu.be/CcAKv6vvZRM

I am sure NegativeEase and Christopher will add their opinions of the unit shortly. zz0.2bdsrwjiar9zz

Comment

To sum up my experience with it, it is extremely flexible in the different ways you can use it. I don't use too many effects, so the main way I use it is in conjunction with a few other effects. I've got my blues driver as a bit of "always-on" grit, a compressor for when I need it, and a modded DS-1 as a solo boost.

Then my H90 has the presets I'll need in the order that I need them. Each song I'll press one button to change the sound. Very easy to get a lot of good sounds with not a lot of hassle live. You will catch yourself playing around on it a lot when you should be practicing though.

Also it says you only get two effects a preset, but a lot of the effects are two or three effects group together.

Definitely read the linked thread if you want the run down on it.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
              Does anyone own an Eventide H90 or the older H9? I'm interested in your impressions, even if you've only demo'ed one. My physical limitations make a pedal board useless and the ability to chain multiple effects and one touch to another patch is very cool in my situation. I love all the YouTube demo vids and I'm looking forward to one showing up at my door in the next few days. Eventide has always been the **** but $899 retail isn't everyones cup of tea. Good thing that I drink coffee.

Discuss...
              It's by far the best pedal Ive ever owned. It's not even close honestly.

My live rig is now Tuner, OD and MID mouse in front of me, and Origin Compressor, H90, and a Trem back at the amp.

Im down to make all kinds of suggestions.

First is mess with weedwacker -your can make a mind blowing tube screamer
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
                Eventide has always been the **** but $899 retail isn't everyones cup of tea. Good thing that I drink coffee.
                An H9 can be had used for sub $300 not sure why more people are not grabbing them. The algorithms and sound quality are the same as the H90 pretty much.

Comment

The H90 is full 2 multi effect pedals, tuner AND and an independent isolated relay bradshaw style switching platform for your other pedals

If you consider that -the price tag is actual quite reasonable
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

the fact it must be controlled by an iSomething thing, being apple, android, Oompa-Loompa, whatever, it makes it automatically going off my G.A.S. interest radar​

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                      the fact it must be controlled by an iSomething thing, being apple, android, Oompa-Loompa, whatever, it makes it automatically going off my G.A.S. interest radar​
                      You do not need a device to operate either unit. There is an editor for PC and iOS for both units and an Android app for the H9. I would say the H9 is more challenging to navigate without an app than the H90, but intuitive and eventually accessible to control. The H90 was designed with performance in mind, and I control most functions with my feet at practice. I have the iPad interface up but rarely touch it unless I am home building something new.

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                        The only time I connect mine to my computer is when they add a new algorithm or there is an otherwise major update
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Thank you guys, I appreciate you!
                          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You do not need a device to operate either unit. There is an editor for PC and iOS for both units and an Android app for the H9. I would say the H9 is more challenging to navigate without an app than the H90, but intuitive and eventually accessible to control. The H90 was designed with performance in mind, and I control most functions with my feet at practice. I have the iPad interface up but rarely touch it unless I am home building something new.
                            marcello252

Yeah, to Bruces point, the H90 controls on the pedal are super easy... Once you understand the 2 modes and the combination press to get into global setup you are off and running with ease

Comment

Working...
                            X